Undecided again! (DSS#12)

KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited November 9, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I finally decided to go Massive instead of Miniscule, but the only things massive around here to shoot are the Pentagon, Government buildings and the National Cathedral. They really frown upon you photographing the Pentagon whether they actually shoot at you or not. One government building pretty much looks like the next one, so I settled on the National Cathedral. As usual though I can't decide on which angle.

Houses Of The Holy (working title)

412712711_jGFQV-XL

412712556_f4inZ-XL

As always, all C&C is appreciated.

— Kevin
Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    The funny thing is that it never looks as big outside as it FEELS inside (I've sung there - one of the most amazing experiences EVER - and that multi-second delay as the sound travels down and back again is WILD!!)

I think I like the first one better both for scale and comp, but jmho. Great idea!
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    #1 is thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif and you get a nice sense of scale with those benches in the foreground. The only thing that would make it better is if there were a person sitting on one of those benches. mwink.gif
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    The only thing that would make it better is if there were a person sitting on one of those benches. mwink.gif

Funny that you mention that. There was someone sitting there when I set-up. Went over to talk to her and explain what I was doing (long exposures) so that she would stay still at the right moments. She was too embarrased to stay for some reason. Was really hoping to luck out and get a nun or bishop to sit for me, but that didn't work out either. Ah well.

— Kevin

My Site, My Book
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    KevXman wrote:
    Funny that you mention that. There was someone sitting there when I set-up. Went over to talk to her and explain what I was doing (long exposures) so that she would stay still at the right moments. She was too embarrased to stay for some reason. Was really hoping to luck out and get a nun or bishop to sit for me, but that didn't work out either. Ah well.

— Kevin

11doh.gif I'd forgotten about the long exposure part with the infrared.

You did get the benches, though, which provide some proportion. :D It's a beautiful photo.

Don't forget that with vertically-oriented photos, you need to use the XL version of the photo to get the 800 px maximum. There definitely are some not-to-be-missed details in that pic. mwink.gif
    edited November 9, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    Don't forget that with vertically-oriented photos, you need to use the XL version of the photo to get the 800 px maximum. There definitely are some not-to-be-missed details in that pic. mwink.gif

Thanks for the reminder!

My Site, My Book
  • AnnasPhotosAnnasPhotos Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    #1. I love this infrared photography you do.
    Photography is just not about taking pictures....
    It's a learning experience. :D
    My Blog
    edited November 9, 2008
    #1. I love this infrared photography you do.

Thanks. I hope my still improving skill with it is starting to show. Can't wait 'till I can afford a converted camera body.

My Site, My Book
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    #1 i think
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section