EMERGENCY!!! Missing RAW quality option from menu on 30D

PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
edited November 9, 2008 in Cameras
I need to leave in 30 minutes for a job that requires me to shoot RAW. I'm checking my gear right now for the shoot and notice that my primary 30D is suddenly missing ALL of the RAW settings in the Quality options menu.

My backup 20D is fine (thank goodness!).

I've power cycled it. Removed the batteries. I wonder if the firmware is corrupt.

Any ideas? I'd like to shoot on the 30D tonight.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    PeterGar wrote:
    I need to leave in 30 minutes for a job that requires me to shoot RAW. I'm checking my gear right now for the shoot and notice that my primary 30D is suddenly missing ALL of the RAW settings in the Quality options menu.

My backup 20D is fine (thank goodness!).

I've power cycled it. Removed the batteries. I wonder if the firmware is corrupt.

Any ideas? I'd like to shoot on the 30D tonight.
    Make sure the mode dial is not set to any of the automatic modes. It needs to be set to the 'p' mode or any of the modes on the Counter-clock-wise side of that.

Auto modes can't save the images in RAW.
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    Wow! Thanks! I always have it in Manual mode, so I didn't think to check the mode dial. I did a portrait shoot yesterday where I gave my camera to my client because she wanted to shoot a picture of me. I put it in Auto for her and forgot it there. Thanks!!!
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited November 8, 2008
    WTG Ivar! clap.gifthumbclap.gifthumb
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    WTG Ivar! clap.gifthumbclap.gifthumb

..no kiddin. A whole 2 minutes! Impressive!

I put together sort of a pilot's checklist that I go through before an event to help me get everything back to where my brain expects on my cameras. All the way from cleaning sensors and lenses to checking iso, focus modes, and menu settings as well as formating all cards etc... I have done so many silly things that have induced similar panic, the checklist allows me to insure I am starting with a clean slate. As a result, it has helped me keep whatever sanity I have left the morning of the event!! thumb.gif