Options

The Inca Road....

zentricksterzentrickster Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited November 14, 2008 in Journeys
Or my time in Peru... Part of the back story of these pictures is that I spent 3 weeks in Central and South America two years ago. I went to Tamarindo, Costa Rica for the wedding of my cousin. My cousin is from New York, his wife is from San Fransisco. Tamarindo is equidistant from each :scratch, so they got married there..... actually they met there returned and got married...

Enough though....I figured since I was already halfway to a place I always wanted to visit... the land of the Inca.... Peru. I would fly down to Peru from Costa Rica and spend some time there...

The other part of my story is that my brand spanky new Canon Powershot G something lasted exactly one shot when I arrived in Costa Rica.. MY brother was gracious enough to lend me his Elph ps for the reminder of my trip to Peru... hence no shots of Costa Rica..

Pics!!!

<style>nitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> My crib in Lima...$60 USD .I slummed in this hotel for a few nights. Clean, comfy beds, cheap, good breakfast, what more could you ask for? Lots of great places to eat within a short walk. The most disappointing thing seen in <st1:city><st1:place>Lima</st1:place></st1:city> was a Hooters, why is this Ameritrash restaurant soiling other cultures?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Huaca Pucllana, ruins in the middle of Miraflores, Miraflores is a hip happening “village” type neighborhood in Lima
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Courtyard
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    These pics are from Paracas, south of Lima, on an Island called Ballestos. About an hour boat ride from Paracas well worth the $10
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Sealion
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    candelabra
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Fishing regulations in Ballestos
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    continuing down the Inca Road

Huacachina, an oasis outside of Ica. The dunes are HUGE, people actually snowboard on the dunes… sandboard? they dunebuggy and slide and do all sorts of things.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Astronaut.. have we been visited? waving at fellow travelers?
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Whale
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Hummingbird
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    El mono... my nieces always call me a monkey.... so I brought them all small silver monkey pins from Lima... I got the highest quality for the lowest price according to the seller rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    The Inca were the masters of there domain. I'm an engineer... and some of the things I saw here are impressive even now..

For example this irrigation system in Nazca....

this irrigation channel is still in use... built before JC was born
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    This is what they call "eyes" spaced every hundred feet or so,,, they were used to be as a way to gather drinking water, and maintain the canals...

It was dry here.. very very dry... I lived in the Negev for a few years.. this place makes that look lush mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    saw some birds
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    perro...
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Hope you are all still awake... The guide who showed me around Peru.. she and her friends are visiting NYC next year so I offered to host and guide them.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    finally.. I need a drink.. it was so hot in Nazca....

getting some Andes spring waterwings.gif
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Finally, how do you attach multiple pics to posts?
  • Options
    nightspidynightspidy Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    Thanks
    The Nazca lines are so awesome, I hope to see them one day too. Thanks for sharing!
    Canon 30D & REB XT (thinking of converting to infrared), Sigma 10-20mm, Tammy 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 1.4 ext, and Sigma 4.5 fish eye along with a Bogen by Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Ball Head, MacBook PRO, several HOYA filters and a 2GB & 8GB San Disk, 160GB Sanho storage device (really cool btw)......wishing for a Canon 100-400mm. :wink
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited November 14, 2008
    No fishing with Dynamite! Ha ha!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?