Studio Portraits of Bri

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited November 10, 2008 in People
CC is especially welcome today. I have a senior session on saturday and we are going to do some studio shots........so let me know please.

Getting pictures of my oldest is just about as hard as getting pictures of my youngest. I secured a session with another Senior today, which I’m thrilled about. For this Senior’s session, we are going to include a little studio time. Since I’ve yet to do a lot of studio shots and my oldest wanted photos for her facebook, I though I would kill two birds with one stone. On my studio lights, I have colored filters which I used for these. I really love how the red filter made the photographs turn out. I also used blue, but can’t tell as much as I can with the red one.
413773048_xBsgQ-L.jpg
413773141_QYJoY-L.jpg
413772705_gyrZ5-L.jpg
413773531_ezNyw-L.jpg
413775829_fSt57-L.jpg

Comments

• du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    Nice stuff Julie,

I really like the poses / composition on #1, 2 & 3.

I know you shot with a red gel, and I like the effect, but I think the shots turned out a bit either yellow or red. They look a little too warm.

Thanks for sharing!
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    du8die wrote:
    Nice stuff Julie,

I really like the poses / composition on #1, 2 & 3.

I know you shot with a red gel, and I like the effect, but I think the shots turned out a bit either yellow or red. They look a little too warm.

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah...I've never used it and so need more practice. That's why I love this board. Hoping to get more how-to's on it. It looks like the red gel caused that, but not the blue. Or, is it supposed to warm the subject up like that? ne_nau.gif

Thanks for your response.
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    I gel the background - not the subject - just my personal taste. Pu tthe gel on the strobe that you point to the background in studio. For flash when you want to use a gel to take away the brightness a CTO is a different technique and I somehow thing that might be the confusion.

Yeah...I've never used it and so need more practice. That's why I love this board. Hoping to get more how-to's on it. It looks like the red gel caused that, but not the blue. Or, is it supposed to warm the subject up like that? ne_nau.gif

Thanks for your response.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    ChatKat wrote:
    I gel the background - not the subject - just my personal taste. Pu tthe gel on the strobe that you point to the background in studio. For flash when you want to use a gel to take away the brightness a CTO is a different technique and I somehow thing that might be the confusion.

The gel was on a light that was pointed toward the background, not on the subject.ne_nau.gif More practice is needed
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    The gel was on a light that was pointed toward the background, not on the subject.ne_nau.gif More practice is needed

There is light spill on the subject. Move the background light or the sujbect so that the light is only on the background.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    Hey Julie,

I should have been more specific. I really like the red highlights in her hair. That's cool IMHO. On my laptop monitor, the whole image looked red, but on my monitor, not so much. The warmth I was referring to was in her face. It's not so bad on my LCD. Now imagine if I had something color-corrected. mwink.gif

d8
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff