Options

RAW plug-in Question - Different Systems Conflict?

sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
edited November 10, 2008 in Finishing School
I know this may have been covered before, if so I apologize.

I have acquired 2 different camera systems. I got the RAW plug-in working for my Sony a350

I just got a Canon 50D and then started to wonder if in Photoshop is there going to be a conflict or can you have more than one RAW plug-in at the same time?

I just opened Bridge & PS CS3, I can see the images in there, however in windows file explorer the Canon images do not appear as images in the window like my Sony images do. I know after I intalled the plug-in that made the Sony images show in adobe cs3, then the images appeared in windows file explorer as images I could see as well as the exif info too.
Sheri Johnson
Atlanta, GA USA
my smugmug
Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
SheriJohnsonPhotography.com

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited November 10, 2008
    If you have the latest version of Adobe Raw Converter the 50D files as well as all the previously supported RAW formats should live happily together. I use at least 5 different cameras, some Canon and some Panasonic, and all get along fine with ARC 4.6.

I am not certain about Windows display of thumbnails as I live in an alternate operating system. There may be updates from Microsoft, necessary for Windows to display 50D RAW thumbnails.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    pathfinder wrote:
    If you have the latest version of Adobe Raw Converter the 50D files as well as all the previously supported RAW formats should live happily together. I use at least 5 different cameras, some Canon and some Panasonic, and all get along fine with ARC 4.6.

I am not certain about Windows display of thumbnails as I live in an alternate operating system. There may be updates from Microsoft, necessary for Windows to display 50D RAW thumbnails.

Thank you for letting me know that. I am brand new to dealing with camera RAW images as in about only about a month, so I asked my first question not really having any clue whether it was a stupid question or not. Of course when I opened my CS3 and found out that I could see the images in bridge and PS, that I was up to date.

I was able to breathe easier knowing I hadn't made a mistake buying more than one kind of camera system.
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com