Finished images of Ashley

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited November 11, 2008 in People
I finished up the gallery of Ashley and am pretty satisfied with the end results.

412252174_t2252-L-1.jpg
412454567_QDBaS-L-1.jpg
412453188_JW3fm-L-1.jpg
414121293_o9dPu-L.jpg
413173838_TtxHb-L-1.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Julie

Comments

• mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    I love shots 1,3,5

Shot 3 the reflection in the lower windows is distracting

Shot 4 just seems like to much haze and the duct tape on the window over her head looks bad could you PS it out?

Don't take my comments to much to heart I am a new at this
    Rick
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    Very nice Julie.......thanks for sharing. I especially like #1....and it's light play.clap.gif
  • XanderturesXandertures Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    I love 1 and 3. They are extremely warm and timeless looking photos. You did an excellent job!
    Nikon D750 | Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G | SB-700 & 2 SB-600's - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    I have to agree with the above posters - 1 and 3 are winners. I'm not liking all the lens flare too much - your shots loose a lot of contrast for the flare. Just my $.02 - FWIW.
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    I always love your composition for seniors. I think you do a good job of keeping in mind who is going to be enjoying the picture.

So,,,,,in my utmost humble opinion--I don't think the girl will like 1. Coloring and composition is great--her eyes are stunning and the clarity is so pretty, but she has that hair thing going on and teenage girls have very little tolerance over hair issues. I could be wrong though

I think she'll really like 2 and 4--again, cause she's a teenager. I like 4 but I do wish the coloring were different.

I really like number 3 the best. And if I were her mamma I would like the last one best--it has a nostalgic little girl feel to it.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    I have to agree with the above posters - 1 and 3 are winners. I'm not liking all the lens flare too much - your shots loose a lot of contrast for the flare. Just my $.02 - FWIW.

I have been trying to flare for so long that when I was able to achieve it...I kind of went nuts with it. Laughing.gif I'm not sure if the girl will like those much or understand what I was trying to achieve. eh? What can you do.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Hi Julie! I love #1...so pretty. I agree a little bit about the overall haze but those are still really cool. Gives them a "unique" look. So often looking at things from a photographer's standpoint, we miss the "feel" of the shot because of technicalities. I would imagine she would love them. #3 is a nice setting.....she just needs...um...maybe a bit different pose and facial expression. Very well processed throughout. Nice job.thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    I wonder if a sepia or b&w treatment on #4 would give it a better feel...
  • GP ImagesGP Images Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    hmmmmm......I like them all except #5?? Just me I guess....I don't like the bra straps and the angle is not flattering to her...it almost looks like she is pregnant.