My pano

MnemosyneMnemosyne Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
edited November 14, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
So, I was asked to shoot a skyline of Bloomington for a cover for the Weekend issue. They gave me a place that wouldn't work, so I found the highest building I could, and couldn't get in touch with the management (which wouldn't have mattered cause the maintenance guy went home at 2 anyway).

So I went to the top floor to see if maybe the door was unlocked. It was, so I then I crawled through a window from the room housing the elevator wench, and took some shoots.

414544183_J2sRw-L.jpg

Lined up all 9 photos in a way I thought looked good.

3 hours of work, and they chose to do a 20 second cut out of the courthouse instead. Not only that, but the designer had the balls to tell me to my face "That wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I pictured it more 'straight'."

It's fun working with people who tell me they have no idea how to do photography, but tell me how they want the pictures to look.
Audentes fortuna iuvat

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Mnemosyne wrote:
    So, I was asked to shoot a skyline of Bloomington for a cover for the Weekend issue. They gave me a place that wouldn't work, so I found the highest building I could, and couldn't get in touch with the management (which wouldn't have mattered cause the maintenance guy went home at 2 anyway).

So I went to the top floor to see if maybe the door was unlocked. It was, so I then I crawled through a window from the room housing the elevator wench, and took some shoots.

Lined up all 9 photos in a way I thought looked good.

3 hours of work, and they chose to do a 20 second cut out of the courthouse instead. Not only that, but the designer had the balls to tell me to my face "That wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I pictured it more 'straight'."

It's fun working with people who tell me they have no idea how to do photography, but tell me how they want the pictures to look.

Can't please them all I guess hu ne_nau.gif
    They should have been very specific as to what they wanted from you.

The last shot on the right doesn't quite look right to me headscratch.gif

Was it your shot from the courthouse they chose? or someone elses?

Wonder if the guy was thinking... how do we cut this shot to make it straight and fit on the cover? he probably cant think outside the square :D

Interesting shot(s) .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • MnemosyneMnemosyne Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Yeah, they said two(ish) words. Bloomington, Skyline. They just cutout my Courthouse shot.

The problem with the photos(s) on the right is that they have glare from the sun. I plan on going back in the winter on a cloudy day to correct the glare problem and do it over.
    Audentes fortuna iuvat