Options

What do you do when you run into a Lamborghini?

silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited November 17, 2008 in Journeys
Well, I'll tell you in a little bit. I finally made it out to shoot in downtown Raleigh. I processed a few pics and I feel like sharing. I have more to go through but here's what I have so far...

Let's start by looking downtown:

PB09352220081110.jpg

PB09353420081110.jpg

Then we can look through a small perspective of a park near the capital building:

PB09352720081110.jpg

PB09353920081110.jpg

PB09352420081110.jpg

Let's go to church through these doors:

PB09354620081110.jpg

Now, you're on your walk back and you run into a Lamborghini. What do you do? Take a lot of pictures of course and p!ss of the GF:

PB09355620081110.jpg

PB09356020081110.jpg

PB09356520081110.jpg

PB09356620081110.jpg

C&C is more than welcome, thanks for looking.
- Joe
http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10

Comments

• Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    You're in Raleigh!? I'm just an hour away. We should shoot sometime!clap.gif

BTW, where's that trippy new shimmering tree thing just as you come into downtown off the beltline? :D
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2008
    You're in Raleigh!? I'm just an hour away. We should shoot sometime!clap.gif

BTW, where's that trippy new shimmering tree thing just as you come into downtown off the beltline? :D

Well I actually live in Morrisville and I work in Raleigh. I'm not sure where that trippy tree thing is but I'll look for it. Next time you're near Raleigh drop me a line thumb.gif
    - Joe
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Cool shots, you've got some major lens convergence there on those buildings and doors.
  • Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Shimmer Wall, downtown convention center
    It's at the convention center downtown. See:
    http://www.metropolismag.com/pov/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/img_0512.jpg

It's lit up by a rainbow of LED's at night too :D
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2008
    Ah-ha. That's more downtown than near the beltline. I think you'll see it if you take Hillsboro Ave toward the museum from the beltline. Now is a good time to go too, the Dead Sea Scrolls are in through Dec. :D
    - Joe
  • Options
    The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    I did that once in downtown Greenville SC with the new BMW crossover suv. I was taking a few shots of it before it was released (built in SC) and then when I took a picture the alarm beeped.

scared me shitless lol
  • Options
    KelMarieKelMarie Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    That Lamborghini is gorgeous! Should've asked to see under the hood!!! But I suppose the owner wasn't there huh. I love taking vehicle photos.. My computer is full of them!

Nice shots!!! :ivar
    ~Kelly~:marlin
    Facebook
    "Although life may lead you where you least expect it, you can have faith it's where you're meant to be."
  • Options
    BlackwoodBlackwood Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    KelMarie wrote:
    That Lamborghini is gorgeous! Should've asked to see under the hood!!!

Curious what kind of luggage the diver has?
    :P J/K.

Not sure from this angle, but chances are good that the engine compartment (which is in the rear) has a glass cover.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2008
    Blackwood wrote:
    Curious what kind of luggage the diver has?
    :P J/K.

Not sure from this angle, but chances are good that the engine compartment (which is in the rear) has a glass cover.

You got it clap.gif

None of the engine shots were good. I couldn't save any in post either.
    - Joe
  • Options
    pauly632pauly632 Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    great captures
    Love the Lambo! clap.gif I guess there are a few of us in Raleigh. There are some great Mill Ponds north of Raleigh as well as a Motor Cross park for some action shots. Let me know if you folks want to get together some time..

Pauly
    No matter where you go there you are!

Canon Rebel XTI
    Tamron 28-75mm 2.8
    Tamron 17-35mm 2.8
  • Options
    roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    I am so excited and envious of the cars displayed in the thread. What a beauty!!! rolleyes1.gif