Cropping Question

KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited November 12, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have some photos that are not ordinary dimensions.

For example:
272297450_XQxJS-M

When purchasing, I am then forced into a crop similar to this:
414844695_H5LFR-M

This cuts off part of the photo. I would like to be able to crop it something like this:
415075777_pT4An-M

with the excess being white. How is this done. Do I need to upload a file already cropped and sized or is there some way to have the printers do it during printing?

Thanks for the help.

— Kevin
Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Two options:
    1. Create an original with an aspect ratio that matches the print (allowing more room on the sides you need it). You should only do it this way if you want the final print to be a standard aspect ratio and you have room in the original to do it.
    2. Turn cropping off in the cart for that image and you will get an image that fills the page on one dimension, but has extra white space around the edges on the other dimension and you can then trim the white space off when you receive the print. This second option is what you would typically do if you were printing it yourself and you wanted a non-standard print size.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Turn cropping off in the cart for that image and you will get an image that fills the page on one dimension, but has extra white space around the edges on the other dimension and you can then trim the white space off when you receive the print. This second option is what you would typically do if you were printing it yourself and you wanted a non-standard print size.

Duh! Thanks John. I don't WHY I didn't see it, the "None" button is only right next to the "Adjust" button. What a dope. That's what I was looking for.

Onward and Upward.
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book