Options

Sales on non-pro accounts

mariuspmariusp Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited November 12, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,
I don't currently have a pro account but I might get one if I see that there is some interest out there and people are willing to pay for my photos. What are your thoughts on allowing non-pro accounts to see when prints are purchased and the print sizes that clients are ordering?

Thanks,
Marius
Marius Popovici Photography
Hollywood, FL
www.popovici.net

Comments

• Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    I think this is a good idea. It will encourage non-pro users to upgrade. If I was non-pro and I see a volume of sales going through I would consider upgrading.

OTH if I don't see sales and I was considering an upgrade, this would encourage me to hold back.

to OP, Pro accounts offer more than just sales. If you think you are selling some photos, I'd upgrade immediately. If you can make just $1 per sale and 10-15 sales per month you would cover the costs of your entire account.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures