Dream Scapes

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited November 14, 2008 in Landscapes
I hope I put this in the right thread. A series of ‘Dream Scapes’…I don’t know what else to call this affect.? Is it enough or should I go stronger with the Gaussian blur?

Suggestions always welcomed...
415025440_a9jub-XL.jpg

415025357_pCbTy-L.jpg

415027493_yZv3n-XL.jpg

415028331_Dw6n5-L.jpg

415034480_vqFf7-XL.jpg

Comments

• wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Looks like the right place to me. Very nice colors and effect. I like the second and the last one the most. No fog here- ever. Have to go to the mountains to see some.
    Anybody can do it.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    I think any more blur and we might lose context of reality! Nice job and I think the first one is a great balance of subject, color, and negative space. thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    These are great with perfect amount of PP
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    Thanks Schmoo and AY...it was a dreamy enough place without PP but the fog made it all the more mysterious and I wanted that concept all over.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    Eia wrote:
    I hope I put this in the right thread. A series of ‘Dream Scapes’…I don’t know what else to call this affect.?

Soft focus thumb.gif

I think you've managed to put a lot of it on without actually going overboard, the fog helps here :D

Beautiful place place too, I recognize the statue from a recent round of DSS :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Dwayne OakesDwayne Oakes Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    Nice dreamy effect. Thanks for posting.

Take care Dwayne Oakes
    edited November 14, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Soft focus thumb.gif

I think you've managed to put a lot of it on without actually going overboard, the fog helps here :D

Beautiful place place too, I recognize the statue from a recent round of DSS :D

Thanks...yes, I was on the hill taking photos and when I got back to the town (in the valley) the fog was hovering over the cemetery! It's amazing how the fog can 'creep' around to other places...:D
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Beautiful images Eia. Where in AZ did you shoot these?

Dan
    edited November 14, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    Beautiful images Eia. Where in AZ did you shoot these?

Dan
    Thanks;

Actually, I spent the month of October in WV. I am blessed to be able to go home and spend a good amount of time with family and friends. It gives me a contrast against the beautiful desert in AZ. As beautiful as AZ is, growing up in that part of the country (WV) leaves me longing to 'go home' during the Fall season...and to escape the triple digits in the summer). It is a different world!!!!! But, I'm in the desert once again and so... I'm hoping to see some cactus with snow soon! :D (I can wish)...