Moorpark Re-enactment.

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited November 13, 2008 in People
Here are a couple of shots I took at the Moorpark Civil War Re-enactment on Saturday. Too bad I'd missed Nikolai! I didn't even know he was there.

Firepower-DSC_9718.jpg

Officers-at-War-DSC_9719.jpg

Aftermath-DSC_9726.jpg

I have a few more in my Re-enactment Gallery.
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    bowdown.gif total awesome work.
    Aaron Nelson
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    Nice set. I've heard that these types of events are great to photograph.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Here are a couple of shots I took at the Moorpark Civil War Re-enactment on Saturday. Too bad I'd missed Nikolai! I didn't even know he was there.
    I have a few more in my Re-enactment Gallery.
    Nice series, Lee! thumb.gif
    Yeah, I didn't know you were there either. For me it's one of the few local events I always attend. Esp. now that I got a good vibe going with both Rotary and reenactors' top dogs.mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice series, Lee! thumb.gif
    Yeah, I didn't know you were there either. For me it's one of the few local events I always attend. Esp. now that I got a good vibe going with both Rotary and reenactors' top dogs.mwink.gif

i would like to put this on my schedule for next year.
    Aaron Nelson
    edited November 12, 2008
    i would like to put this on my schedule for next year.
    It's pretty much always in the beginning of November. Add it to your calendar adn simply check http://www.forttejon.org/moorpark/ starting late summer/early fall.
  • vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    Excellent shots, eL eSs Vee and Nikolai, especially the cannon action.

Not to hijack the thread but my girlfriend took me to the Moorepark event back in 2005. Had a great time, took lots of pictures, and while we were sitting in a gazebo, both of us dressed in period clothes, I asked her to marry me. Is getting engaged at a "Civil War" re-enactment a bad omen? Three years on we're still happy together. thumb.gif

The re-enactment experience provides an almost overwhelming number of photo opportunities! Some pictures from the '05 event on my my Webshots page. Link below.

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
    edited November 12, 2008
    vintagemxr wrote:
    Excellent shots, Nikolai, especially the cannon action.

Not to hijack the thread but my girlfriend took me to the Moorepark event back in 2005. Had a great time, took lots of pictures, and while we were sitting in a gazebo, both of us dressed in period clothes, I asked her to marry me. Is getting engaged at a "Civil War" re-enactment a bad omen? Three years on we're still happy together. thumb.gif

The re-enactment experience provides an almost overwhelming number of photo opportunities! Some pictures from the '05 event on my my Webshots page. Link below.

Doug

Wow, that's cool! I wish I had a pic of you two in my 2005 round, but apaprently not, only a couple of ladies in that gazebo...
    edited November 12, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Wow, that's cool! I wish I had a pic of you two in my 2005 round, but apaprently not, only a couple of ladies in that gazebo...

Someone took our picture that day, had us stand by a flag and clicked away. I happened to run across the image on someone's photo site a while back. Always a bit of a surprise to be looking at someone else's photos and suddenly see YOURSELF looking back. headscratch.gif

Doug
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
    edited November 12, 2008
    vintagemxr wrote:
    Someone took our picture that day, had us stand by a flag and clicked away. I happened to run across the image on someone's photo site a while back. Always a bit of a surprise to be looking at someone else's photos and suddenly see YOURSELF looking back. headscratch.gif

Doug
    Hmm, this, by any chance:
    http://nik.smugmug.com/gallery/943217_ctcAW/1/43244983_Lo2MV/Large
    mwink.gifheadscratch.gif
    edited November 12, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:

Yup, that would be us! iloveyou.gif Small world, eh Nikolai?

Doug
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
    edited November 12, 2008
    vintagemxr wrote:
    Yup, that would be us! iloveyou.gif Small world, eh Nikolai?

Doug
    You don't say rolleyes1.gif
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    Small world, indeed! (But I wouldn't want to have to paint it.) rolleyes1.gif

Thank you all for your very kind comments on my photos. I had a lot of fun shooting them and processing them. Maybe next time I'll get to work with Nikolai and learn something. :D

This was my first time at any sort of re-enactment, and I had a ton of fun. Too bad my battery died before I could fill an entire card. I ordered another one as soon as I got home. I'm ready for the next event! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather