min.jpg

Whacha think?
And whacha think in terms of titles? I was thinking, "Drop of Blood"
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    I think its really quite clever. I like the title as well - I think calling it "blood cell" might be even better. Since it's not oozing around like a drop of blood, calling it a cell may be better. Just my opinion.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    I think its really quite clever. I like the title as well - I think calling it "blood cell" might be even better. Since it's not oozing around like a drop of blood, calling it a cell may be better. Just my opinion.

I totally agree here!!!!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowclap.gifclapclap.gifclap
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    Looks to be a 'Gummi' something. Nice work.
    Growing with Dgrin

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif

What a cool photo! thumb.gif
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    I love the back lighting here, which opens up the aril's translucency and brings out the texture of the surface it's resting on. Very nicely focused and exposed.

I like the title too, but out of context, the seed itself doesn't say "blood" to me. I wonder if putting it on a finger tip, or lips even, will give the viewer a better sense of scale and more readily suggest a drop of blood?
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 12, 2008
    It's an interesting idea. Not sure if it's a "cell" though. You might consider it Persian gold in a sense. It's origin is Persia and you can find it on some currency.

They taste pretty good too :D
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback guys, still lost on the title though =c)
  • BOATSBOATS Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    title
    either something with the word crimson in it - or Vampire in it. anyway interesting thought for the pic - good luck
    "the real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." MARCEL PROUST

"I am not an artist. I am a fartist - 98% of what i take stinks - the other 2% makes me look good."
  • kungalooshkungaloosh Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    I love this shot. the clarity and translucence is really beautiful, and the shadow with the reflected color on the texture provides a nice balance to the smoothness of the main element.thumb.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    kungaloosh wrote:
    I love this shot. the clarity and translucence is really beautiful, and the shadow with the reflected color on the texture provides a nice balance to the smoothness of the main element.thumb.gif

Yup - I love it too. Except it makes me hungry for the fruit each time I see it!!
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    Yup - I love it too. Except it makes me hungry for the fruit each time I see it!!

that's the point
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    The title fits very well thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website