<Higher> Water Flows..

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited November 15, 2008 in Landscapes
One of the great things about photography is that you can keep returning to the same location but experience a whole different environment. Last week, I stopped by Deception Falls for some photos (http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=110263) but decided to return again since some of my photos had water/rain drops on the lens.

One week later, I went back. The timing of this trip coincided with the peak of a heavy rain storm that brought some moderate flooding to the lowlands (and mountain streams). The sound and force of the water flow was awesome. I couldn't re-shoot any of my previous shots but that just opened the door to a whole new slew of opportunities. The best thing was being able to enjoy it in complete solitude. Over the hour and a half I was there, I only saw two others for a brief moment. By comparison, later on as I passed it again on my way home, a half dozen cars were now present in the area.

Now the photos...

#1 The Upper Falls in full force

415403670_GgxdY-L.jpg

#2 Side Channel below the lower falls in full flow

415402418_ZrJ8W-XL.jpg

#3 Alternate view of #2...

415403036_cX4u5-XL.jpg

#4 Moss encrusted forest

415402992_KKErL-XL.jpg

#5 Fallen leaves in a pool of rain water

415403753_4pBCk-L.jpg

#6 Martin Creek and a bridge along the Old Cascade Highway

Originally I tried to frame the photo to exclude the bridge but ended up liking it as part of the composition...

415402701_tZ3vf-XL.jpg

Thanks!..

Comments