Some experimenting

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited November 12, 2008 in People
C&C of course welcomed (and I don't make claims for Great Art here, just trying to grab some candids and expand my skills...!)

Still running the new camera through its paces whenever possible so I can get more familiar with it, and also newly upgraded to Lightroom (in love with presets!) so had a little fun with the in-house model just now. She wasn't very cooperative tonight ("Mom! Put_the_camera_down. NOW!!"), but I still managed to grab a couple while she was trying to use the laptop (which provided some of the lighting... :)

DIdn't do much more than run it through one of the presets in LR and bump up the levels a wee bit. Taken w/50mm 1.8 + bouncing the 420ex off the ceiling and just playin' around. The whole series was an attempt to capture her eyes...

IMG_0511s.jpg

Edited to add another one - not sure this one really works photographically as well as I'd like It bugs me that the catchlights are off center and not more directly over the dark part of her eyes), but it's still her eyes which get to me (it's a mom thing, I guess :)IMG_0587s_filtered.jpg