The House

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited November 13, 2008 in Landscapes

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    Cool house and good shot, Dan. You know, I'm looking at the rows of cacti in the front yard and I can't help but think that a closer, low-to-the-ground-looking-up-at-the-house, wide-angle shot would be even cooler. Get those cacti in the foreground. What do you think?
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Cool house and good shot, Dan. You know, I'm looking at the rows of cacti in the front yard and I can't help but think that a closer, low-to-the-ground-looking-up-at-the-house, wide-angle shot would be even cooler. Get those cacti in the foreground. What do you think?

Too close? rolleyes1.gif Thanks for commenting Jeff. That is an excellent suggestion

415410407_pVFoH-L.jpg
    edited November 13, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:

I'm going to go back and see if I can do what you suggest. thumb.gif
    edited November 13, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    I'm going to go back and see if I can do what you suggest. thumb.gif

Well, don't get arrested or beat over the head with a broom for lying down in someone's front yard! mwink.gif

Is it laying or lying? ne_nau.gif
    Jeff Meyers
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Well, don't get arrested or beat over the head with a broom for lying down in someone's front yard! mwink.gif

Is it laying or lying? ne_nau.gif

headscratch.gif I think it would be lying as it would be a verb but ne_nau.gif

I agree about a lower perspective as well. I think if you shoot from one of the corners of the yard so the cactus will create a diagonal path leading to the house. deal.gif Shoot with the camera just an inch or two from the ground and slightly angled up. mwink.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    its a nice shot as it is but i can offer some c&c....
    so i will give some :D

one perspective i really like with this type of shot is dead-on.
    if your going back to shoot, line up perfectly with the walk leading up to the home...
    and keep your eye on getting the lines of the home level so you dont have to crop and rotate later...
    and lower is better imothumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
    edited November 13, 2008
    its a nice shot as it is but i can offer some c&c....
    so i will give some :D

one perspective i really like with this type of shot is dead-on.
    if your going back to shoot, line up perfectly with the walk leading up to the home...
    and keep your eye on getting the lines of the home level so you dont have to crop and rotate later...
    and lower is better imothumb.gif

That's also great advice! thumb.gif
    Jeff Meyers
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    I shoot a lot of homes, so maybe I could contribute something here.

I'd think to isolate the subject by eliminating the home on the right. Move in closer and to the right. This may also get rid of the powerpole on the left by putting it behind the tree on the left. Also by moving to the right it may bring the door into the scene. Right now the door is not apparent and the house looks as if it has no way in. Moving to the right, closer and lower with a wide angle and vertical format may provide for using the row patterns of the cacti in the composition and eliminate the block wall. I'd keep the camera at as much of a right angle to ground level to keep distortion to a minimum and frame loose to accommodate the distortion in PP.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited November 13, 2008
    Thanks guys for all the good ideas thumb.gif