Emmy and the milkweed

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited November 13, 2008 in People
We have a field across from our house and this year they planted milo. Well, they finally came and harvested it. “E” and I had tried earlier in the year to look for milkweed and explore that area but the weeds and crops were so high that we struggled to get through it. On this day we were able to get right to the milkweed and we also found this huge leaf. “E” is becoming quite the little model lately. I asked her to put the leaf up to her face so we could show how big the leaf was compared to her face. Well, I got a lot of shots of her because she is starting to love posing.
415662418_mexkP-L.jpg
I did a vintage look on this one. I know some won't like it...I'm not entirely sure that I do either. Kind of makes it hard to see detail.
415661741_87V3A-L.jpg
415664011_nnJLi-L.jpg
415661613_itk8w-L.jpg
411861397_TDbxJ-L.jpg
415711699_bbaqM-L.jpg
415666758_7irQF-L.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    Very cute! My favorite has to be #4 - I just like the look and the fact that the camera is down on her level (I don't like looking down on the little ones - just seems wrong to me somehowne_nau.gif).

Anyway, back the photo - love the look and feel of this - reminds me of some of the "old-time" photos my folks took years and years and years ... (ok enough of that) that I remember seeing. Washed out, vignette (I think I see one there), etc. I think I might boost the contrast just a touch but that's just me.
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    #4 is wonderful. A sweet little girl in a great big world. Love it.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/