Caleb and Skyler

TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
edited December 12, 2008 in People
Here is my sister, brother-in-law, nephew and niece from this weekends impromptu play-around shoot on the Blue Ridge Parkway. They did great seeing that it was 40 degrees and blowing at 30 knots! Spiderman even joined the shoot. C&C welcomed.

416022232_mDfoK-M-1.jpg

416025109_iHa6x-M.jpg

416026816_My2NH-M.jpg

416027146_HXR22-M.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    All are nice, but the 1.st is the one with more tenderness ...iloveyou.gif
    Health to all ! :D
    :Dthumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    Brrr..that sounds cold. Nice ones Travis. I too like the first. Was curious as to your flash settings on these. They are well exposed for sure and thinking maybe the flash was up a tad? It's great to get pics of the family. Nice goin.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    All are nice, but the 1.st is the one with more tenderness ...iloveyou.gif
    Health to all ! :D
    :Dthumb.gif

Thanks Antonio. Caleb was born with a disability that impedes certain motor functions. The doctors initially believed he would be mute. Luckily that wasn't the case. His sister took him under her wing and and developed a special relationship where she could tell what he was thinking and communicate it to her parents. It is pretty amazing.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    Thanks Antonio. Caleb was born with a disability that impedes certain motor functions. The doctors initially believed he would be mute. Luckily that wasn't the case. His sister took him under her wing and and developed a special relationship where she could tell what he was thinking and communicate it to her parents. It is pretty amazing.

I hope he gets better with time.clap.gifand with the love and affection of his sister.
    We can see how tender she is towards him ...:D
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
    edited November 13, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Brrr..that sounds cold. Nice ones Travis. I too like the first. Was curious as to your flash settings on these. They are well exposed for sure and thinking maybe the flash was up a tad? It's great to get pics of the family. Nice goin.

Thanks Dave. I used a single SB-900 handheld off-camera left. I metered for the background and set the flash to fill. I wanted to use a softer light but grabbed the wrong lightstand on the way out and couldn't mount my Softliter. The wind probably would have carried it away anyhow. rolleyes1.gif
  • crockettcrockett Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    Nice photos!

#1 The balance of flash/ambient seems too far tilted towards the flash side. I would like to see the flash reduced 1/3 - 2/3 stop lower.

#2 and #3 are my favorites.

#4 Might be just on the edge of blowing the shirts but that could be just my uncal'd monitor that I'm on. Beautiful background. I would also like to see this with a seated arangement with the models legs flowing to camera right (Knees high on the left, feet low on the right) to match the angles of the landscape, but I see this probably wasn't possible and standing was the only option.

I wish I had family photos as good as these!
    edited November 13, 2008
    crockett wrote:
    Nice photos!

#1 The balance of flash/ambient seems too far tilted towards the flash side. I would like to see the flash reduced 1/3 - 2/3 stop lower.

#2 and #3 are my favorites.

#4 Might be just on the edge of blowing the shirts but that could be just my uncal'd monitor that I'm on. Beautiful background. I would also like to see this with a seated arangement with the models legs flowing to camera right (Knees high on the left, feet low on the right) to match the angles of the landscape, but I see this probably wasn't possible and standing was the only option.

I wish I had family photos as good as these!

Thanks for the great feedback Crockett. #1 is tilted a little but that is because I darkened the background in post. I may play with the ratios a little to balance it a bit more. #4 - judging by the histogram, the highlights are inside of being blown out. I agree on the seated pose but if we had tried it, I may have lost one or more of them over the side of the mountain. rolleyes1.gif I appreciate the compliment on the family!
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Well executed in deed. I would love to see how you use the off camera flash? iloveyou.gif
    edited December 12, 2008
    alexkhoo82 wrote:
    Woow...

The balanced lightings has made your shots very wonderfully done!

Love your series~~

Thanks Alex, I appreciate the comment!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    Those photos are spot on!!! Great set. And the relationship between sister & brother sounds just heartbreaking!!! iloveyou.gif
    edited December 12, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Those photos are spot on!!! Great set. And the relationship between sister & brother sounds just heartbreaking!!! iloveyou.gif

Thanks Angie!
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    Great photos! Love the lighting, colors, and backgrounds :)
    edited December 12, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Great photos! Love the lighting, colors, and backgrounds :)

Thanks! To bad the background isn't portable or happen on demand. ne_nau.gif