Options

Yosemite -- seen around the valley

DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
edited May 12, 2005 in Landscapes
Well, they ARE everywhere aren't they? Those mysterious shoes hanging in the air, thrown over branches, power lines... for no other reason than it can be done, I suppose. Arguments abound as to what the shoes in the air hung above mean, I think it's because they can... how many tries did it take?

DSC05571w.jpg

Good to know they're ready to protect us against fire -- maybe to get those shoes down from the branch? Taken from the car with some man yelling at us to move on. Couldn't he tell I wanted that picture for my grandson? :):

DSC05575w.jpg

Behind the village store is this sit down and take a load off your feet spot (or was it buy some food first? :):

DSC05576w.jpg

And one of the many bridal parties in the valley.

DSC05573w.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 9, 2005
    Nice ones Dee thumb.gifthumb.gif

Where'd you see them tennies? ....lol Now that's funny clap.gif I saw that bride and groom. Andy was eyeing their cake lol3.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited May 9, 2005
    about them shoes...
    Dee wrote:
    Well, they ARE everywhere aren't they? Those mysterious shoes hanging in the air, thrown over branches, power lines... for no other reason than it can be done, I suppose. Arguments abound as to what the shoes in the air hung above mean, I think it's because they can... how many tries did it take?

DSC05571w.jpg
    I've always thought that a series of these types of shots would be a wonderful photo essay.

Legend has it that wherever tennis shoes are slung over branches, wires, etc., are the locations where the signs of the coming apocalypse will happen. eek7.gif

Dee wrote:
    And one of the many bridal parties in the valley.

DSC05573w.jpg

I really like this one, Dee. clap.gif The trees did their part to frame them well (that, and probably your cropping). Good eye.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Dee i am sorry we never talked but i did meet and talk with your daughter .You have a great eye a dif. look at the valley thumb.gif great shots all
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    The hanging shoes
    David_S85 wrote:
    I've always thought that a series of these types of shots would be a wonderful photo essay.

Legend has it that wherever tennis shoes are slung over branches, wires, etc., are the locations where the signs of the coming apocalypse will happen. eek7.gif

I really like this one, Dee. clap.gif The trees did their part to frame them well (that, and probably your cropping). Good eye.

I've heard so many urban legend stuff about the shoes, place to get drugs, place where someone died, etc. Like you I thought it would be a great photo essay type of story. Unfortunately I'm usually in the car going somewhere when I see them. These at Yosemite were irresistable. I wonder how long they'll stay up there?

Yes, I had to jockey into position to get the bride and groom, their photographer was hovering around them constantly. I'm glad she placed them there, I watched her carefully adjust the train of the bride's dress and then she stepped back and I got my shot without having to clone her out.