Options

WTB: Bad-ass Training Guide by Boudoir Divas

iodphotographyiodphotography Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited November 16, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
Does anyone have this book? I'd love to take it off your hands, but can't find it used anywhere!

Or if you have it but don't want to give it up, could you let me know what you thought of it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    Does anyone have this book? I'd love to take it off your hands, but can't find it used anywhere!

Or if you have it but don't want to give it up, could you let me know what you thought of it?

Thanks!

They won't sell it to just anyone....you can't buy any of their stuff or take their workshops if you live in Southern California either....
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    boudoirdivasboudoirdivas Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 14, 2008

Thanks!

Hi!
    Our products are available for purchase anywhere outside of SoCal. Here's the link: http://www.theboudoirdivas.com/blog/?page_id=11

Thanks!
    -The Boudoir Divas
  • Options
    iodphotographyiodphotography Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Well, I'm not in SoCal, but unfortunately I can't afford a $175 book right now, as much as I'd love to. And since I'm not even sure I want to venture into the field of boudoir photography, I can't justify that type of purchase. :) So I was hoping to find a used book.

But apparently they are in such high demand and so useful that no one is selling them! I guess I'll just put it on my wish list.
    Hi!
    Our products are available for purchase anywhere outside of SoCal. Here's the link: http://www.theboudoirdivas.com/blog/?page_id=11

Thanks!
    -The Boudoir Divas
  • Options
    Code BlueCode Blue Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Well, I'm not in SoCal, but unfortunately I can't afford a $175 book right now, as much as I'd love to. And since I'm not even sure I want to venture into the field of boudoir photography, I can't justify that type of purchase. :) So I was hoping to find a used book.

But apparently they are in such high demand and so useful that no one is selling them! I guess I'll just put it on my wish list.

replied back with the solution !
    My Equipment:
    Canon 20d + Grip / Canon 580 EX / Canon 17-40L / Canon 24-105L / Canon 70-200 f2.8 ISL / Mannfrotto 055MF3 Tripod w/329RC4 Head.

Hoping to get back into the art and improve my skills whenever needed.
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2008
    I understand - it's definitely an investment, but definitely way more than just a book! It outlines our entire business plan; essentially you're purchasing our business model and all the advice, tips, and info detailing exactly how we got to where we are today. I guarantee you, it's worth the investment! :) So yes, definitely put it on your wish list! Best to you...
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited November 29, 2008
    Out of curiosity, why isn't your product available in SoCal?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    ian408 wrote:

to avoid competition perhaps?
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2008
    ian408 wrote:

We know there are a lot of Socal photographers who are curious about this. I guess the best way to explain it would be in using a comparison to some of those photographers who lead workshops in their hometown studios. Most of these photographers do not allow other photographers within their market (say, a 20-mile radius or so) to attend their workshop. Obvious reason being that immediate competition would be gaining an insider's look into their direct competition. When a photographer is leading a workshop, they are essentially sharing their entire business model... and so it wouldn't be a wise business decision to share that business model with their immediate/direct competition (other photographers in the area).

Our book is not just a book of tips. It's our entire business model, from the way we process our shoots to the marketing and how we create our signature sets (just to name a few of the topics that are covered). We're giving away everything about our business model and sharing the secrets of success that have helped us get to where we are. It just would not be a wise decision (from a business standpoint) to share this in-depth knowledge with other photographers in the Southern California region. :)

-Kimberlee & Marissa
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited December 5, 2008
    boudoirdivas, Thank you for the explanation.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited May 23, 2009
    Nice image:

posebook.jpg
  • Options
    vetkrazyvetkrazy Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2009
    Fast Cars : Fast Glass : and an understanding wife

www.vetkrazy.exposuremanager.com
  • Options
    keyphotoladykeyphotolady Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 16, 2009
    Boudoir photography bad ass training guide
    Does anyone know where I can purchase this new book from the Boudoir Divas? There was a previous thread with a link, but it seems to have been taken down.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Does anyone know where I can purchase this new book from the Boudoir Divas? There was a previous thread with a link, but it seems to have been taken down.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.boudoirshop.com/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update