Options

FS: Nikkor 24-50...

SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
edited May 26, 2005 in Flea Market
I have this lens to sell. Nikkor 24-50 f3.3-4.5 (non-D) This lens is in great working condition with glass that is very clean and clear. NO fungus... NO scratches... The focus works accurately and smooth. This lens will make someone a great lens. Aperture is clean and snaps closed. Includes both caps and will ship within the lower 48 for $85. Canada, Alaska and Hawaii shipping will be more.

6.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Are you sure that is not a D lens? D lenses have an aperature that can be changed on the lens (this one looks like it can). G lenses can only change the aperature through the body.
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    Are you sure that is not a D lens? D lenses have an aperature that can be changed on the lens (this one looks like it can). G lenses can only change the aperature through the body.
    Yea... I know. But they also have the "D" designation on the outside of the lens. This lens does not have the "D".

Also, I was under the impression that the "D" lenses told distance info. Is this correct?
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Yes, the D sends the distance info to the camera CPU. This is a GREAT price for the lens. I used to use this to shoot from a helicopter. Very nice, not rinky dink at all. I am surprised it has not sold yet.
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    Yea... it's a solid lens, fur sure! But I've replaced it with a 28-85 for now. And, I'm saving for a much wider lens down the road. Thanks for the bump lucky...
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Seymore wrote:
    Yea... it's a solid lens, fur sure! But I've replaced it with a 28-85 for now. And, I'm saving for a much wider lens down the road. Thanks for the bump lucky...
    That extra 4mm is indeed quite a difference, don't underestimate it!
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    That extra 4mm is indeed quite a difference, don't underestimate it!
    I know... I took some tests between the 2. And, even at ~8' the gain is about 12" of coverage. But, I find I'm not using the 24-50 hardly at all anylonger. So, time to shed it and start saving for something more in the range of a 12-24. I've found there are times my 24 still isn't wide enough, but it's rare for me.
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2005
    Bump... Still available.
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2005
    Bump for a price drop...
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2005
    Bump... back to the top. Anyone?
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2005
    Final Bump... Still available, still works great and will ship in the lower 48 for $85. thumb.gif

Not in a hurry to off load this, but I'll not pull an ":andy" and retract this sale...
    Well, unless ":andy" wants to buy it! eek7.gif:Dmwink.gif

Yea Andy, I know you don't shoot Nikon...