Arch w/new lens

glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited November 15, 2008 in Landscapes
Thought I'd take my new Tokina 11-16mm out for a test. I think I'm going to have fun learning what all this can do.

Comments

• WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Cool shot!!! I am thinking of getting this lens for my D300, I really need something wide and for now the nikon 12-24 and the 14 24 are out of reach from my wallet....

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Love my Tokina but a FYI in case you haven't discovered yet if you are using a filter holder in My case Cokin P holder and filters you are going to get edge Vignetting from 11 out to about 13. I even tried trimming down the filter holder and still get the Vignetting.

Ray Still
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    neat shot....
    Rags
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Lovely composition. I found my eye flowing around it over and over again.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Really like this.....wish you would have gotten the right hand corner, though (maybe 3 or 4 steps to the right)....and then also maybe the lamp post would have been away from the structure and out of the curvature line. Irregardless, very neat image!
  • glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Love my Tokina but a FYI in case you haven't discovered yet if you are using a filter holder in My case Cokin P holder and filters you are going to get edge Vignetting from 11 out to about 13. I even tried trimming down the filter holder and still get the Vignetting.

Ray Still

I've got a Nikon NC clear filter on this lens with no vignetting at all. I'll keep the filter holder issue in mind.
  • glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Idlewild wrote:
    Really like this.....wish you would have gotten the right hand corner, though (maybe 3 or 4 steps to the right)....and then also maybe the lamp post would have been away from the structure and out of the curvature line. Irregardless, very neat image!

The Arch is right across the street from my office so I'll head over there at lunch Monday and take a few steps to the right and recompose. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Incredible shot.

The perspective is breathtaking!