cute baby

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited November 15, 2008 in People
I've missed hanging out in here for a bit. This week we have family visiting from Alaska and we got to meet our 10 month old niece for the first time. She's adorable!

C&C on the processing and WB please! :D

417221385_4F6ed-L.jpg
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Stunningly beautiful for sure.

The eyes and the skin tone are sooooo sparkling and dreamy
  • KelMarieKelMarie Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Love it. WOW those eyes!

I'm heading out in a bit to go watch my 11 month old niece for the weekend, I am going to "try" to get some shots of her... she's a brown eyed girl:D

Great Photo!!!
    ~Kelly~:marlin
    Facebook
    "Although life may lead you where you least expect it, you can have faith it's where you're meant to be."
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    What a great photo to wake up to! She's beautiful and this is a gorgeous photo. I get to do photos for a friend and her baby tomorrow morning, and I'm so excited.

Processing looks great to me.

Caroline
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Im not sure exactly what you did here...but here goes

I like the overall colors and contrast. I also like the sharpness of her eyes. I would like to see just a bit more sharpness in her other facial features. Her nose, for instance, is much softer than her mouth, and her eyebrows as well. Im not saying as sharp as her eyes.....but just a little more detail in those areas.

Its a fantastic shot Elaine!!!thumb.gif
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    I know everyone else has said this, but I gotta say it again. Those eyes are AWESOME. I love how they pop and just draw you right in! Adorable child.
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    I've got to say her eyes just suck you in and sort of memorize you. They are spectacular!!!
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Thanks, all! I appreciate it!

Jeff...this was shot with the 17-55 at 45mm, f/2.8, 1/250, ISO 400, and I was very close to her as I only cropped this a very little bit. I ran an action for color/contrast and one to slightly make the eyes pop (they didn't need much). I think I was working with a rather shallow DOF here. I didn't introduce any more softness, so I'm not sure bringing out the nose/eyebrows would work?
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Beautiful!!!! The eyes are incredible.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Thanks, all! I appreciate it!

Jeff...this was shot with the 17-55 at 45mm, f/2.8, 1/250, ISO 400, and I was very close to her as I only cropped this a very little bit. I ran an action for color/contrast and one to slightly make the eyes pop (they didn't need much). I think I was working with a rather shallow DOF here. I didn't introduce any more softness, so I'm not sure bringing out the nose/eyebrows would work?

I gotcha..... It really pops.
  • caughtnactioncaughtnaction Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Re:Baby Picture
    Great shot, she is precious, beautifull eyes, and I like that the rest of the picture is soft and not as sharp, it gives it the baby soft look! KS

Elaine wrote:
    I've missed hanging out in here for a bit. This week we have family visiting from Alaska and we got to meet our 10 month old niece for the first time. She's adorable!

C&C on the processing and WB please! :D

417221385_4F6ed-L.jpg