Hello and help please on #12!

RebeccaHelmRebeccaHelm Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited November 17, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi all! It’s been a while! Sorry I’ve fallen off the earth- I actually moved from South Africa to Namibia.

I was hoping to post a shot of my new home in this challenge (or a place near my new home- the sand sea of the Namib Desert). But I’m not sure which I should post, or if I should try and re-shoot, do something in post production or aim for a different subject all together.

Which one of these says “massive/miniscule” the best, and is that picture also technically and aesthetically sound?

Thank so much in advance! Sorry also for the low quality, as I am sure you can image the internet is not so great out here, I’ll upload a nice version of my final submission :)

1. A view from the top
417466122_ubpux-M.jpg

2. A small walk
417466118_KaAUZ-M.jpg

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    2 is the surperior image IMO, but you chould crop off the bottom a little to get rid of that distracting patch of dune
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    2 is the surperior image IMO, but you chould crop off the bottom a little to get rid of that distracting patch of dune
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    #2 without a doubt. The composition is stronger and I for one like the color (though dune photos can look stunning in b&w). Having the two people still climbing echos the flow of the shadow and light on the sands.

And I agree with Pyroprints and Richters re crop. Or, maybe just clone out the bright spots at the bottom and on the bottom right corner.

Good luck in the challenge.

Virginia

Email
  • GastrocnemiusGastrocnemius Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Lovely shot Rebecca.

And well done for moving to the most beautiful place on earth !

Steve
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Just... wow. Really beautiful!
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    your entry is wonderful.!!!clap.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    your entry is wonderful.!!!clap.gif

15524779-Ti.gif Just gorgeous!

Virginia

Email
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    When you first posted this thread I thought I liked the b/w version better...but now that I see the color version in the entry thread I definitely like it best. What a gorgeous image.
  • RebeccaHelmRebeccaHelm Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    Thanks so much for all the kind comments and critique! After a long move it's great to be back on DG. I am continuously inspired by this community! Thank you!!! clap.gif