I think I'm on a roll

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited November 18, 2008 in People
Todays' studio shots. sb600 in the 60 inch softliter as key light, cheap studio light with fluorescent bulb in 46 inch softliter opposite (coming from behind subject), small homemade silver reflector on subject's right.

1. 417668062_E8EBg-XL.jpg

2.417688569_X8ghj-XL.jpg

3.417689976_DjVKL-XL.jpg

4.417687570_B3Htr-XL.jpg

5.417668360_42fvN-XL.jpg

Caroline

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Your lighting technique is improving by leaps and boundsthumb.gif - Way to go!!!
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    Your lighting technique is improving by leaps and boundsthumb.gif - Way to go!!!

Thanks to everyone's suggestions!

Caroline
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Caroline: your lighting techiques are looking wonderful. I love the way the light is complimenting the composition of your shots. Great job!!!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
    edited November 16, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Caroline: your lighting techiques are looking wonderful. I love the way the light is complimenting the composition of your shots. Great job!!!

Thanks!

I had the chance to take some photos for a friend today. Her husband was getting over an illness, so he wasn't sure if he would participate. Thus, the sort of shabby appearance.

1.418277079_73dPn-XL.jpg

2.418306918_2CQmV-XL.jpg

3.418278280_WqsmL-XL.jpg

4.418286999_AqfVS-XL.jpg

5.418293868_3dA5Y-XL.jpg
  • BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    I concur! You are on a roll! thumb.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Love the intimacy of #4 - that's a strong keeper!!!
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Absolutely love #4 of the first set. Amazing. The rest are excellent too!
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • dreamcometruedreamcometrue Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Beautiful shot
    Great job. I love #3. You really captured the big blue eyes in all the pictures. Nicely done.
    Artistic Design Photography LLC
    http://www.adesignphotography.com
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Stunningly cute!

clap.gif
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Very nice! great light.

On the first set you posted, I don't particularly care for #3 and #4; This has no technical reason, but I don't like her expression because I feel it's too mature for her age.

I actually recently made a similar comment; I see more shots of children, usually girls, where their pose/expression is trying to model a 'model' or something; I just don't care for it at all, I think the pose/expression has to suit their age. But, that's me.
    edited November 18, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Very nice! great light.

On the first set you posted, I don't particularly care for #3 and #4; This has no technical reason, but I don't like her expression because I feel it's too mature for her age.

I actually recently made a similar comment; I see more shots of children, usually girls, where their pose/expression is trying to model a 'model' or something; I just don't care for it at all, I think the pose/expression has to suit their age. But, that's me.

Well, she was born that way. Have no idea where she learned it (no TV as a baby/toddler), but she started walking before 1 and would stop and put her hands on her hips and give me a look. Funny thing is that she's a little tomboy, so it's not really a "model" look she's going for. She wants to look "tough" or "mysterious". Anyway, I prefer the sweet looks, too. But for all our relatives who have seen the hands on her hips or her looks of determination, the pictures depicting this crack them up. I posted those here because I like the shadows, not because I think sassy poses should be encouraged in 7 year olds. But, that being said, I also like to capture the whole spectrum of a child's personality.

Maybe I'm not a great portrait photographer, but I don't usually dictate the poses or expressions my child gives me to a great degree. My style of directing is to get the subject relaxed enough to be themselves.

Caroline