My Try at the Out of Bounds Technique

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited November 17, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Thanks to one of the members here, yoyostock, I gave the Out of Bounds technique (OOB) a try. This is my second attempt. Used with the right picture, it is pretty cool.

417788625_6hGmL-XL.jpg

I would be happy to hear your comments and suggestions!

Thanks, Ron
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    I like it. I think what makes or breaks these is the gradient. Yours fits the image very nicely.

Good job.

Alex
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Very nice, Ron! thumb.gif

It almost looks like it's coming out of a flat screen TV. The ultimate in 3D television! :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    ront wrote:
    Thanks to one of the members here, yoyostock, I gave the Out of Bounds technique (OOB) a try. This is my second attempt. Used with the right picture, it is pretty cool.

I would be happy to hear your comments and suggestions!

Thanks, Ron

This is a really good one Ron clap.gif
    Your right picking the right image to try the technique with is half the battle.... I'm sure your really pleased with this result.

Well Done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Nice one!!! :D Well done.
    Michael
  • SerratorSerrator Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Nicely done for your second effort! Action shots are some of the best to use for the OOB technique.
    My Photo Playground:
    www.flickr.com/photos/serrator
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Serrator wrote:
    Nicely done for your second effort! Action shots are some of the best to use for the OOB technique.

Thanks Serrator for taking the time to show how to do this!!!! I normally cannot figure out how to do much of anything in PS, but I could not miss with you excellent directions!!

Thanks again, Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    Outstanding! My dad used to fly tankers, so I really appreciate seeing this one! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com