lens disconnecting

dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
edited November 16, 2008 in Cameras
I could use some help here guys.
I have a d300 & sigma 200mm 2.8
when I'm shooting sometimes the camera doesn't seem to be reading the lens. it's mostly happens when I'm zooming in or out. I'm guessing that the pins are not fully conecting at times since there is some movement (shifting?) between the camera mount & lens. It will take the shot but the photo will just be black. also I can see the meter read funky ..like, 0f stop.
What is my best quick fix for this as I'm shooting HS State football right now.?
I am losing 10 or so photos a game. Imagine the feeling of shooting a TD & finding 5 black photos in reviewing just after taking them.
I'm guessing some kind of tape. or........................:D locktight

thanks
**If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
Dave

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    I've had this problem with the 17-135 kit lens that I got with my d300. If it's going to happen, it only happens to me in the first two minutes after putting it on my camera. So I just take it off and put it back on again, and that takes care of it.

Caroline
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    ok..I think I got it fixed...I put a small piece of tape on the bottom edge of the camera mount.(not the top by the pins.) so basicly it is acting like a shim to stop the movement between camera & lens . it is now a nice tight fit.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave