A few photos to share

Scott WScott W Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited November 16, 2008 in Landscapes
Here are a few of my photos, Let me know what you all think.
Rainbow+Bridge

Beatty+Hill+Sunset
Eagal+Lake+East

Weeds

Parkway+Paradise

I have more on my site - www.scottwilliamsgallery.com Please feel free to let me know what you think.

Comments

• Code BlueCode Blue Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    they look like beautiful shots. any insight as to locations?
    My Equipment:
    Canon 20d + Grip / Canon 580 EX / Canon 17-40L / Canon 24-105L / Canon 70-200 f2.8 ISL / Mannfrotto 055MF3 Tripod w/329RC4 Head.

Hoping to get back into the art and improve my skills whenever needed.
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Thanks for posting. Posting your stuff up here is a humbling but helpful way to get better. I've got some thoughts on the pictures you've posted. Please take them for what they're worth: Not much. :)

1) Honestly, this is the most compelling shot of the five you posted. The bridge is a nice strong line. The dark clouds are working against you, as are the cars in the background. This also looks slightly underexposed. I like where you are going with this shot.

2) I'm not sure what I'm looking at. If it's the sunset, then a tighter crop would help. If it's not, then the photo is really underexposed.

3) Very nice landscape here. Again, the dark cloud kills this one. It's almost worse than the dark cloud in #1. I'd like to see this with a really blue sky.

4) Ummm... The sky is nice. What's your subject here? What are you trying to say?

5) Getting there. Again, gorgeous sky. The patch of weeds in the foreground of the lake is a little distracting. You could either crop tighter, or try to clone those out. One other little nit, my eye is drawn to the reflection, which is pretty much dead center in the frame. If you crop out that patch of weeds, try making it so that the tree/reflection is off to one side or the other a little bit.

Overall, nice stuff. Thanks for posting and asking for feedback.
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • Scott WScott W Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Location of all the photos but number 3 are in and round Folsom CA, number 3 is in Lake Tahoe