The Wooden Door

R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
edited November 20, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Hi, just returned from a couple of days in York, 100km east of Perth in Western Australia. There is a very old flour mill from the 1800's which is now (or was until very recently) a bespoke furniture manufacturer. I guess this would have been the workers entry door.

I would appreciate some C&C as I don't 'normally' take this type of shot.

Cheers, Richard.

3034626566_73b324e11a_b.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    R.Jay wrote:
    Hi, just returned from a couple of days in York, 100km east of Perth in Western Australia. There is a very old flour mill from the 1800's which is now (or was until very recently) a bespoke furniture manufacturer. I guess this would have been the workers entry door.

I would appreciate some C&C as I don't 'normally' take this type of shot.

Cheers, Richard.

Richard I like it, makes me want to open the door and see whats inside nod.gif
    Long way to go to find an old Flour Mill :D

It sure is shiny silver.
    I would have liked to have seen the actual door either more to the extreme left of the image or the extreme right (either side) just not so close to the centre.

Nice shot thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Richard I like it, makes me want to open the door and see whats inside nod.gif
    Long way to go to find an old Flour Mill :D

It sure is shiny silver.
    I would have liked to have seen the actual door either more to the extreme left of the image or the extreme right (either side) just not so close to the centre.

Nice shot thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

Long way to go? If you know WA at all then you know anywhere is a long way from everywhere!! Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers, Richard.
  • NubsterNubster Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    I like it. I like door photos for some reason. Maybe it's the mystery of what's on the other side or the history of the door and what/who has passed through it over the years. I am actually going to do a door series soon when I get some time.
    **Chad**
    Nikon D200 with MB-D200
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Tamron 90mm SP Di Macro
    Sigma 18-50mm
    Sigma AF 70-200mm 2.8 DG APO HSM

No idea how to use them but learning more everyday.
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Nubster wrote:
    I like it. I like door photos for some reason. Maybe it's the mystery of what's on the other side or the history of the door and what/who has passed through it over the years. I am actually going to do a door series soon when I get some time.

Hi Nubster - thanks for your feedback. You are right - doors are an interesting subject - especially as in this case there were no windows in the tin wall to peak through to see inside. Perhaps you should post your favourite door photograph and invite others to do the same.

Cheers, Richard.
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    This one has a stunning texture in deed!clap.gif