Lens Options for pano and landscapes

BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited November 16, 2008 in Cameras
FOr Nikon

Landscapes, more meaning like baseball fields and such, so it will need some zoom and it will be low light at times with the florecent light.

Recomendations? I know the pano doesn't have much to do with it, I should say it needs to have a good wide angle.

TIA!!!
Shayna
I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
www.BriShayPhotography.com

Comments

• hiroProtagonisthiroProtagonist Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    BriShay wrote:
    FOr Nikon

Landscapes, more meaning like baseball fields and such, so it will need some zoom and it will be low light at times with the florecent light.

Recomendations? I know the pano doesn't have much to do with it, I should say it needs to have a good wide angle.

TIA!!!
    Are you looking for an FX or DX lens? I just got the 17-35mm f2.8, its a fantastic lens, fast,and sharp, but also expensive and heavy. On the DX side the only wide angle I had experience with was the Tokina 12-24 f4, also a good lens.

Are you sure you really want a wide angle for baseball though? I would thing that you would be better served by a standard range zoom, either a 24-70 on an FX body or a 18-55 on DX
    "But you and I, we’ve been through that, and this is not our fate. - Dylan 1968"
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    The Sigma 10-20mm is very affordable, and I am very pleased with mine.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited November 16, 2008
    The Sigma 10-20mm is very affordable, and I am very pleased with mine.

15524779-Ti.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums