reminders that you only have "x" days left to purchase prints

thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
edited November 25, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Does SM have reminders like this similar to Pictage? I think Pictage leaves an event up for 90 days, and sends out reminders to everyone who has viewed the event that it expires in one week when it reaches that time.

I've seen that auto reminder spur additional sales. If SM does it, can someone please explain to me how to set this up on my site. www.picture-yourworld.com

Thank you!

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Hi Sheba,

We don't have those reminders because we never remove photos from your account.

You would have to send out those emails yourself unfortunately.
  • thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Ok thank you! Whew that is a lot of work but if it will boost more sales then it's worth it.
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    Along that same line I had been considering just putting a countdown clock in the gallery description that said X days hours/minutes until my sale price ends. I thought it my generate some quicker sales but I have not found a utility to do this as yet. Still looking.

Edit:

Well I found a tool but I'm not sure if I like it. Here is a link to my first (very rough) attempt:
    http://musicman5.smugmug.com/gallery/6437492_NhjAF/1/407960951_HCTAZ

Here is a link to the tool http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdclock.html
  • JaywaltmJaywaltm Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 17, 2008
    CRM software?
    Small businesses have lots of options for them, but unfortunately most cost money. You can read more around CRM or Customer Relationship Management software. Office Live Small Businesss has a free version of a contact manager that can automate the sending out of mails to your customers. Just one thought off the top of my head.
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    mrcoons wrote:
    Along that same line I had been considering just putting a countdown clock in the gallery description that said X days hours/minutes until my sale price ends. I thought it my generate some quicker sales but I have not found a utility to do this as yet. Still looking.

Edit:

Well I found a tool but I'm not sure if I like it. Here is a link to my first (very rough) attempt:
    http://musicman5.smugmug.com/gallery/6437492_NhjAF/1/407960951_HCTAZ

Here is a link to the tool http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdclock.html

Hey Mark neato idea thumb.gif
    I don't care for that particular counter... need something to compliment photography and flow with the site & gallery. Noticable but not obtrusive... hmmmmmm.... sounds like a job for some smug developers or something... I'll keep my eyes out and post if I find any such counter though. iloveyou.gif

Edit: Added thought... If someone could develop some such counter that could automatically change the gallery to password protected (archived) when it expired... now that would be so wayyyyyy cool.
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Cindy wrote:
    I don't care for that particular counter... need something to compliment photography and flow with the site & gallery. Noticable but not obtrusive... hmmmmmm.... sounds like a job for some smug developers or something... I'll keep my eyes out and post if I find any such counter though. iloveyou.gif

Edit: Added thought... If someone could develop some such counter that could automatically change the gallery to password protected (archived) when it expired... now that would be so wayyyyyy cool.

I think it's a great start though Mark! Very cool idea and something for the SM Customization gods to work on definitely!
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    I found another one called ClockLink.com and they have a small less intrusive countdown clock.
  • Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Cindy wrote:

I think this is a great idea! I would put a different spin on it though.

Right now I mark down my prints 25% for 30 days. Then I have to manually go set the pricing back on all of the galleries to the default price.

If we could just enter a date in our control panel that a gallery would set back to default pricing... that would be great! Whatya think?

BTW, since I've been doing this 25% 30 day sale approach I have netted over $3,000 in print sales. Last year I did not do this and I had sales of less than $200 for the entire year! Do it! Even if it's a manual process! It's worth it.