Options

Nikkormat kit - any interest?

jswoolf01jswoolf01 Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited November 16, 2008 in Nikon Land
Not sure if this is the right way to post this ... if not, please let me know what is.

A friend of mine has acquired a camera kit that consists of the following:

* Nikkormat FT2 (at least that's what it looks like) camera body
* 70-200mm zoom
* 50mm f/1.4
* 35mm f/2.8
* 135mm f/3.5

All lenses appear to be Nikon brand.

All of this fits comfortably into a case that has a design which is unusual in my experience. It's made of what looks like leather or fake leather. Inside the case, just above the case bottom, is a steel plate. In the plate are four holes that mate with the bayonet mounts on the four lenses, so that in order to remove any lens from the case you have to push a button and twist the lens, exactly as if you were taking it off the camera.

The lenses all appear to be functional, although I have no idea when film was last run through it.

Would this kit be worth anything to a collector?

-- JSW

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 16, 2008
    Please post some photos and prices (at least a good guess, or what you would be willing to sacrifice for) - or I can move this into the gear forum for discussion.

My only note is that there is very little in the way of old film gear that is truly "collectible" and would fetch some money. If you can find it a home, you may make a few bucks, but don't plan on striking an "antiques roadshow" type deal.
    :D

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Like the good Doctor said... it would be nice to see PICs and get a price from you. I could be interested...