Options

FS: Nikon D50 w/ 18-55 + 5 Year Warranty

bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
edited November 16, 2008 in Nikon Land
I am buying myself a D300, so I am selling my D50. It's been a great camera, and I strongly considered keeping it. I also have a kit lens sitting around that hasn't been used in forever, so I will include that. The D50 is perfect for someone who wants something cheap with a focus motor so you can autofocus with a non AF-S lens like the 50mm f/1.8, an ability the D40 and D60 lack. There's lots of great old lenses out there, most of them cheaper than newer ones. Having the D50 over a D40 or D60 will let you autofocus with older lenses, saving you money in the long run.

The camera appears new. It has no scratches on it. The LCD screen on the back was protected by a cover and so it doesn't have a single scratch on it. The camera has 5300 actuations, and is a little over two years old. The camera comes with the MH-18a charger, the EN-EL3a battery, the Nikon strap, as well as the hot shoe cover. The D50 also includes a transferrable 5 year warranty from Mack Camera. The product was purchased in April of '06, so there's still around 2 and a half years on the warranty. The warranty does cost $20 to transfer. This cost is included in the price.

Pictures of the D50:

NikonD50_1.jpg

NikonD50_2.jpg

Any spots you see are either reflections or specks of dust. The body is in perfect condition, and has no scratches.

The 18-55 hasn't been used in a while. The glass is perfect, as is the body of the lens. It is the kit lens that was included with the D50. I will ship this in the same package as the D50, so you have a lens to start off with on your new camera.

I am asking for $425 or best offer, including shipping and the transfer for the warranty. The shipping will be insured with USPS. Shipping is not included for anywhere other than the 48 continental United States. I'd be happy to ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or any country in the world, but an additional shipping charge will be added.