I can has Sunday tease??

DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
edited November 19, 2008 in People
Finally starting to get some models in my portfolio. Though unlike Nik, I don't have setup shots, just a few from the set..

417650363_5VqM4-XL-1.jpg

417649990_WYyFS-XL-1.jpg

417656134_z6fL2-XL.jpg

I suppose if there's interest I'll post more. heh. :)

Thanks for looking.
Modus Imagery
Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876

Comments

• FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    I like #1 and #3. I don't like #2 though. The idea of the subject peeking over something is a great idea, but because it looks like a children's plastic toy I think it's distracting me and that is all I'm looking at, rather than her naughty but nice eyes peeking at you.

Don't throw tomatoes. thumb.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2008
    Good call. I get you...

It's a real scimitar but it's brushed 440 and not shiny like normal swords, it's probably a little tarnished as well. It's what I had to work with at the moment.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    edited November 16, 2008
    I can see that now, that you tell me what it is. Maybe something with a bit more surface to it might work better? The concept of the sword is super HOT though!!! Maybe have her hold it in a different way, maybe tip to the lip? If you revisit that shot I'd love to see other attempts. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your work!
    ~Shannon~

my real job
    edited November 16, 2008
    You mean something like this? Btw... Thank you very much for your very kind words. :)

417651158_bV4bM-XL-1.jpg
    Modus Imagery
    edited November 16, 2008
    Yup something like that! I don't know why, but as soon as you mentioned sword I got the image set up in my head. (never happened before) anyway, in case you care which I'm sure you could care less from such a noob. I envisioned the lip to the tip or tongue works too mwink.gif with a profile shot and total sexy eyes starring you down as if to give that "go ahead, try to get me" look. rolleyes1.gif
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    Raw

Hot

Sassy

Incredible art work! clap.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    Nice tease! Makes me wanting the real thing! thumb.gifmwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited November 17, 2008
    Thanks, Nik...

Yeah, she is smokin hot... almost difficult for me to shoot. You should see this woman dance(she's a belly dancer), it'd melt your face off. I've covered her events and each time I can barely hold my camera up...
    Modus Imagery
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    Thanks, Nik...

Yeah, she is smokin hot... almost difficult for me to shoot. You should see this woman dance(she's a belly dancer), it'd melt your face off. I've covered her events and each time I can barely hold my camera up...
    I hear ya, buddy:-) mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    417649990_WYyFS-S-1.jpg
    I think this one could be my favorite, but what's bugging me about it is the area below the sword; I think below the sword/line should be all whitish/one color or, what I may like more, have you tried cropping it to a square, using the top-part of the image?
    edited November 19, 2008
    Thanks for your comments, Ivar. I suppose I could just black it out or fog it or something.. I'm not overly concerned with it.
    Modus Imagery