my concert photography (not to be compared w/ rolling stones, lol)

digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
edited May 10, 2005 in People
Here are some misc. shots taken at a concert @ The Outback Lodge on May 7. All the bands were pleased, which makes me happy of course, LOL. So these are nothing like the Rolling Stones shots, but then again, I don't think "clean" fits any of these bands :rofl

Synthetic Nightmare
21647512-M-1.jpg

Synthetic Nightmare
21647523-M-1.jpg

Terrorcouple
21651200-M.jpg

Terrorcouple
21651204-M.jpg

Terrorcouple
21651215-M.jpg

Terrorcouple
21651231-M.jpg

hERETICS iN tHE lAB
21653031-M.jpg

hERETICS iN tHE lAB
21653024-M.jpg

hERETICS iN tHE lAB
21653077-M.jpg

well, that's all that I chose anyway. :D

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Nicely done. The darkness certainly fits with the subjects!

Some of these shots are quite disturbing. What's with all of the blood? I though that sort of stuff went out years ago. I guess I'm just an old (40) fuddy duddy.

mitch
  • AlexIsAlexIs Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    very cool shots! they are excellent! i love the names of the bands! do these produce death metal? Is there any singing involved or are they just being charismatic :D ? Tell us all about it!
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    AlexIs wrote:
    very cool shots! they are excellent! i love the names of the bands! do these produce death metal? Is there any singing involved or are they just being charismatic :D ? Tell us all about it!
    all of these bands fit into the musical genre of "Industrial." concerning the blood, terrorcouple have a crazy stage show, drawing from aspects of Antonin Artaud. They are literally a fairy tale gone awry in a lot of ways. The band is also heavily influenced by Skinny Puppy, a godfather of sorts to the genre that emerged in the early 80s.
    edited May 10, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Nicely done. The darkness certainly fits with the subjects!

Some of these shots are quite disturbing. What's with all of the blood? I though that sort of stuff went out years ago. I guess I'm just an old (40) fuddy duddy.

mitch
    *pokes you in the side* you fuddy duddy rolleyes1.gif

I think fake blood will be around for years to come, especially in underground music. besides, it's fun! Laughing.gif
  • AlexIsAlexIs Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    all of these bands fit into the musical genre of "Industrial." concerning the blood, terrorcouple have a crazy stage show, drawing from aspects of Antonin Artaud. They are literally a fairy tale gone awry in a lot of ways. The band is also heavily influenced by Skinny Puppy, a godfather of sorts to the genre that emerged in the early 80s.
    industrial, is that like "nine inch nails" and "einsturzende neubauten"? very interesting music but i do miss a nice melody (no not like YMCA :ymca rolleyes1.gif )

ELEKTRO!
    edited May 10, 2005
    AlexIs wrote:
    industrial, is that like "nine inch nails" and "einsturzende neubauten"? very interesting music but i do miss a nice melody (no not like YMCA :ymca rolleyes1.gif )

ELEKTRO!
    I would venture to say neubauten has some of the most beautiful melodies ever, as well as skinny puppy. :D
  • robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Nice pictures! Looks like you were near or on stage, was this a small venue? The only Skinny Puppy song I've heard is Optimissed from the Underworld sound track. thumb.gif

Rob
    Enjoying photography since 1980.
    edited May 10, 2005
    Nice pictures! Looks like you were near or on stage, was this a small venue? The only Skinny Puppy song I've heard is Optimissed from the Underworld sound track. thumb.gif

Rob
    yes, this was a small venue. that's a good song, however, it doesn't have vocals (from what I remember) but it was one of the first things the band had done post Dwayne Goettel's death (3rd member) in '95, and led up to the new album released in 2004.

thanks!
  • MHughesMHughes Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Great Picture DF and I have to agree you can't put them with Rolling Stones I have to go search for there music because I have never heard of them but thats my kind of music..I love some of the groups that play in movies I wish there was a radio station here to play more great industrial music, we have tons of classic rock stations Laughing.gif I call anyone who keeps playing lots of pink floyyd or nirvanna classic rock..When we get a station that plays just music of today I will be happy. Not that I don't like my classic rock I just don't like having so many stations playing the same music Laughing.gif.. I mean we have alot of great new bands starting to come out and there getting no air play or in the wrong music genre..
    [size=-1][/size] "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." -Diane Arbus-
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Now I know I'm finally reaching advanced maturatity, cause I don't understand a word of that ne_nau.gif:D :cool.

Godfather isn't the "Little Richard"
    and whatever happened to the "Rolling Stones" :lol4 rolleyes1.gif

Intriguing shots, the mood, look, actually in this case which you had sound so I can hear the music, before my ears go to rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 10, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Now I know I'm finally reaching advanced maturatity, cause I don't understand a word of that ne_nau.gif:D :cool.

Godfather isn't the "Little Richard"
    and whatever happened to the "Rolling Stones" :lol4 rolleyes1.gif

Intriguing shots, the mood, look, actually in this case which you had sound so I can hear the music, before my ears go to rolleyes1.gif
    rolleyes1.gif some of you guys are just being fuddy duddies. hehe just kiddin'

thanks guys. I can't wait until I start getting some cash flow to invest in more equipment. clap.gif