Wild Geese

NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited November 17, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi Folks:

This is an effort at reclaiming a truly bad shot. By bad I mean that I noticed the scene, lifted the camera quickly (it was attached to the tripod, and I was walking to a site) and shot in the general direction - without sighting through the viewfinder. The original was pretty screwy, but I figured the moment was too good to pass up and not try to make something with it. Here, after initial post-processing, is the result. I think it needs more work, and I'll try to re-post after I've spent more time with it. My intention was to make it look like some of the old Chinese images in the Sackler and Freer Gallery of Art. Blending the image with some ancient-looking papery background might prove fun.

geese.jpg

Your thoughts greatly appreciated,

N
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    I like the look very much. thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • NoTownChildNoTownChild Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    I think that picture is very nice, it has a great mood to it. I guess these are moments of which we are waiting for a long time, and it's really annoying if something gets in the way and it's not possible to get that shot. But you captured that pretty good.

Heidi
    Please feel free to visit my site Heidi Müller Photography
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    I wonder how it would look if it was a 'good' shot? Gee...this is great regardless; it looks intentional...nice save!!!:D It would be interesting to see the original.
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    Eia, DL, Heidi, thanks much. I was certainly glad I tried it, and when I got home I said, Hmmmm.... maybe we can make it work! I'm also not sure about printing it, but I suspect a small size might work.

Anyway, Eia, here's the original. Nothing has been done to it except reduce it to 800 width. This is just as the camera recorded it:

geeseoriginal.jpg

I'll be trying this post-processing again.

Thanks again,

N
    Eia wrote:
    I wonder how it would look if it was a 'good' shot? Gee...this is great regardless; it looks intentional...nice save!!!:D It would be interesting to see the original.
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho