Options

PSP PhotoX2 and ICC Profile

chilschils Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited January 29, 2009 in Finishing School
I am using Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, and I have installed the EZPrints ICC profile. PSP has 4 'intents' for the usage of a profile: Pictures, Proof, Match, and Graphics.

Has anyone used PSP with the EZPrints profile, and if so, which intent worked best to match the EZPrint output to the monitor?

Chris

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    chils wrote:
    I am using Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, and I have installed the EZPrints ICC profile. PSP has 4 'intents' for the usage of a profile: Pictures, Proof, Match, and Graphics.

Has anyone used PSP with the EZPrints profile, and if so, which intent worked best to match the EZPrint output to the monitor?

Chris

Just guessing but I'd say that Graphics is a Saturation rendering intent. Proof is probably Absolute Colorimetric. So you probably don't want either. Picture might be Perceptual leaving Match as Relative Colorimetric. Those are the two to use.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    TexPhotogTexPhotog Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    chils wrote:

Chris

Well, I use PSP XI, but I'm sure there's not a lot of difference betweent he 2 versions...

Since I'm still very VERY new to the whole profile stuff... from what I understand, I use it as proof...

I'm not sure if you've encounterd this situation also with the profile...

When I see a photo on Picasa or even Windows Explorer, the whites look white... but when I see a photo on PSP with the profile loaded, my whites turn slightly blueish... so I've been editing with this blueish color... since the final product, if printed, will be printed to this profile...

Once I finish editing the photo(s), and I see them back on Picasa and/or even online, they look perfectly fine...
    Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com
    I use a little bit of everything gear wise...
    Nikon/Canon/Sony/GoPro/Insta360º/Mavic 2 Pro
  • Options
    Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    I use PSP9 and I set the profiles to Match and the print colors from EZPrints are pretty much exactly as seen on my monitor in PSP9. Please keep in mind the display monitor must be calibrated for the profiles to work correctly with your eyeballs.

- Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com