Options

change watermark transparency?

jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited November 18, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Can you change a watermark's transparency after you've applied it to a gallery?

I realized after I watermarked the images, that the watermark is too dark and want to lighten them. How do I go about doing that?

Do I need to create a new watermark and apply that watermark to the gallery? Thanks.
Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
FacebookFlickrSmugMug
SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
(use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    Control panel, pros tab, watermarks, edit, change the opacity. Then reapply to the gallery.
  • Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    I do this all the time. I'm still torn between hiding a beautiful image and protecting my work. What I do is name the water mark with the opacity number like watermark-c-60 (the c stands for center.) This way I can easily remember what I used or what I tend to like.

You can edit your watermark as mentioned by andy and adjust the name. To apply the new watermark you need to go to an image in the gallery, select the Watermark option, Select all images, and add the new watermark. This process will get rid of the old one and apply the new one.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures