eclipse drops: how many do you use?

toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited November 17, 2008 in Cameras
OK, since my initial tentative clean I have wet cleaned another 2 times and now I see a big improvement over dust. There are a few at f32 but before I had well over 50 dust bunnies.

My last 2 passes I seem to remember putting 2 drops of eclipse fluid onto the pec pad, but I am sure on my first swab I used 3. All seems to be fine when I take photos. Been and looked at several sites and their use ranges from 1-3 drops so was wondering what others use?

In future I think I will still use 2 but just hoping I haven't adversely affected anything by using 3.

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    toadlet wrote:
    OK, since my initial tentative clean I have wet cleaned another 2 times and now I see a big improvement over dust. There are a few at f32 but before I had well over 50 dust bunnies.

My last 2 passes I seem to remember putting 2 drops of eclipse fluid onto the pec pad, but I am sure on my first swab I used 3. All seems to be fine when I take photos. Been and looked at several sites and their use ranges from 1-3 drops so was wondering what others use?

In future I think I will still use 2 but just hoping I haven't adversely affected anything by using 3.
    I try to use about 1/2 a drop. On drop falling onto the pad, then I wait just a bit to allow some of it to evaporate. I find any more than that and I end up with wet trails on the sensor.