The M children~Christmas portraits

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited November 19, 2008 in People
I took these Sunday night. We had a lot of fun doing this.
418696061_DQTCD-L-2.jpg
418699422_ihanv-L-2.jpg
418698706_3sZNa-L-2.jpg
418702757_chfUS-L-2.jpg
418703858_QKrYK-L-2.jpg
419427620_4EVKX-L-2.jpg
419636040_joj4s-L.jpg
419635995_4VM6N-L.jpg

Comments

• clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Very nice images!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif . I bet the fake snow was fun to clean up.
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Very nice images!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif . I bet the fake snow was fun to clean up.

Thanks...the snow wasn't as hard to clean up as I thought it would be. I just ran the vacuum cleaner over it. Thank goodness. :D
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Wow...I like these. Great idea. Now you just have to make up some Christmas cards for friends and family. Numbers 2, 5, 7, and 8 are my favorites...good job...thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    They are gorgeous shots!! clap.gif
  • juliecjuliec Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited November 18, 2008
    i love all of them! especially number 7.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Very well done. I really like the light in #2 and #7 is just too precious for words!thumb.gifclap.gifbarb :ivar
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Julie these are simply awesome. You have come soo far in your photography. I don't think they get any better than these. Congrats.

What was your lighting setup and camera settings, if you don't mind.
    LadyTX
  • bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Julie, I can only hope that one day I'll get good enough to pull off shots like these! I have to echo the sentiments of the others here and add one I'm really surprised no one else mentioned!

I love the colors in pic 4! For all the saturation and gorgeous colors we see here, that pic reminded me of one I'd seen in my grandmother's picture albums, that had been colorized. Reminds us of the good old days before christmas required us to have stock in energizer and duracell :D

Again, congrats!

~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Very nice, great lighting too!

I particularly like 4 & 7. 7 has a 'classic' look to it, and 4 has a 'vintage postcard' look to it for some reason. 1 is less favorite for me, mainly because of the expression, she looks a bit uneasy ne_nau.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,951 moderator
    edited November 18, 2008
    Excellent. clap.gif
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Really nice. Lighting looks good. I've been contemplating using a small tree, and wasn't sure how it would look. Thanks for showing me!

Caroline
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    :D I can't believe when I got home and had all these comments. It really made me smile huge!

I will take a picture of my set-up for those that are interested. It has taken me a long time it seems to become more pleased with my photography. I'm glad I didn't quit when I was discouraged. :D
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Bravo!!!

These are all very nice Julie....thumb.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    :D I can't believe when I got home and had all these comments. It really made me smile huge!

I will take a picture of my set-up for those that are interested. It has taken me a long time it seems to become more pleased with my photography. I'm glad I didn't quit when I was discouraged. :D
    Me too! These were worth waiting for!
  • mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Don't ever think of quitting I have used some of your shots to help me pose my kids, great work on these shots, where did you get the backgrounds?
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 18, 2008
    Very nice, Julie

2,4,and 7 are first rate!thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Beautiful girls and lovely studio work! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited November 18, 2008
    pathfinder wrote:
    Very nice, Julie

2,4,and 7 are first rate!thumb.gif

Ahh thanks Jim!!:D
    edited November 18, 2008
    mayassa wrote:
    Don't ever think of quitting I have used some of your shots to help me pose my kids, great work on these shots, where did you get the backgrounds?

wow, thanks for the compliment. I actually bought the backgrounds and background stand from a friend who decided that she didn't want to do photography anymore. The black background, believe it or not, is an area rug and the white is a very thin material that she got from a store like joann fabrics or hobby lobby type store.
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008

Me three thumb.gif. I am pretty discouraged also but I know there is a desire in my heart and you are an inspiration! I have looked at your photos over and over. When I see wonderful shots like these it really lifts me up ... (mental note to me: Keep trying!) ... Laughing.gif.
    LadyTX
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Very well done. Julie, #7 is absolutely my favorite. Great job!clap.gif
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008