Lee Ann

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited November 23, 2008 in People

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    The metamorphose of grass becoming hair becoming Lee Ann is cool.
    Growing with Dgrin

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Love all the colors. Very rich. Her skin tone is gorgeous. Nice vignetting. I'm really drawn into her face.

Caroline
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    I always love the colors of your photo and this is a fabulous photograph of Lee Ann. I'm sure she loves it!
  • adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Very nice capture! Gorgeous color to go with that gorgeous smile! Well done!
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Very nice!! I am still trying to get that pose down. I'll have to wait until spring now as it is too cold for that one. Laughing.gif

Great job as always.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Gorgeous photo!!! Beautiful light, colors, girl and pose.
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Wowzas!!! clap.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Gorgeous! Love how the color of the grass enhances the impact of her eye color.
  • JHavemanJHaveman Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    I am really digging this image. Great!
    Jeff
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Writing as I view the photos....
    1. Pulled this one up and the first reaction was OMG! This is stunning! Small (very small) nit - I would crop just a hair more from the left to remove the bend of her elbow.
    2. What?!!?? Only one photo? What a cheapskate! I was so looking forward to a few more!:Drolleyes1.gif
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Very nice shot of a pretty girl.
    I find the sharpness of the foreground grass distracting. If this had been shot at a larger f-stop the foreground would be blurred more...or a little photoshop help.
    Then she would really pop out of the photo.
    Still a very nice shot!!!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Very nice!! I am still trying to get that pose down. I'll have to wait until spring now as it is too cold for that one. Laughing.gif

Great job as always.

The pose, I think, is pretty simple. The camera angle is where you can go right...or wrong. This one...to me...is near the borderline of having her look too upside down. Too high of an angle...or too low will fall flat.

I was on my knees...and stooping even lower. I held the camera in my right hand and a flash in my left hand. Using the STE2. I aimed the flash backwards into a sheet of white foamcore that her mother held a few inches above my head...and turned to bound the flash at her.
    edited November 19, 2008
    Writing as I view the photos....
    1. Pulled this one up and the first reaction was OMG! This is stunning! Small (very small) nit - I would crop just a hair more from the left to remove the bend of her elbow.
    2. What?!!?? Only one photo? What a cheapskate! I was so looking forward to a few more!:Drolleyes1.gif

Thanks Scott....for the compliment and the nit.

...I wasn't really there to shoot her...only her sister, but since I was shooting maternity portraits of her sis, and they had just returned from a baby shower, I had her mom and sis stay dressed to get a shot of them all together, and then grabbed a couple of Lee Ann as well. She was gung ho to get her sister some maternity pics....and was all about telling her how to pose etc. I turned the tables on her when I told her that now the camera would be pointed at her !rolleyes1.gif This is the nicest shot of her that I was able to capture. Compared to ther older sister...who really didnt want maternity photos to begin with, Lee Ann seemed very uncomfortable and stiff having herself photographed. Older sis was very relaxed and natural.....and I thought that was funny. Go figurene_nau.gif
    edited November 19, 2008
    zoomer wrote:
    Very nice shot of a pretty girl.
    I find the sharpness of the foreground grass distracting. If this had been shot at a larger f-stop the foreground would be blurred more...or a little photoshop help.
    Then she would really pop out of the photo.
    Still a very nice shot!!!

Thanks. I do not typically crop photos that are posted online except for special circumstances. I do my cropping at order time. In a 5x7 or 8x 10 crop the area you mention would largely be removed.

Thanks for having a look!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Hi Jeff-
    I am loving the texture of this photo. It is simply stunning in every way! You can almost feel the texture of that grass- coupled with her beauty you have a winner. To me she doesn't look uncomfortable at all- which is an A+ for her awesome photographer. All due respect to zoomer, but the grass in focus leading to the girl is my fav part of the photo. iloveyou.gif

Supurb work and this deserves a "yum".mwink.gif
    edited November 19, 2008
    Hi Jeff-
    I am loving the texture of this photo. It is simply stunning in every way! You can almost feel the texture of that grass- coupled with her beauty you have a winner. To me she doesn't look uncomfortable at all- which is an A+ for her awesome photographer. All due respect to zoomer, but the grass in focus leading to the girl is my fav part of the photo. iloveyou.gif

Supurb work and this deserves a "yum".mwink.gif

Thanks Heather

Ya know....there was a time not too awfully long ago when an exposure like this would have scared me a little. White AND black clothing? eek7.gif ...and blast it with a flash? headscratch.gif

I am pleased with it in that the blacks arent plugged....the whites are under control....and the white balance is pleasing. Of course she is beautiful, but that doesn't guarantee a sure thing in a photograph.

Thanks for your kind appraisal.
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    wowza!

Fantastic capture clap.gif :ivar wings.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Beautiful girl/beautiful capture but at this point I wouldn't expect less. :D One small nit, I keep staring at the left arm being cutoff at the elbow joint but they may just be me. And I'm with Scott...where's the rest????? rolleyes1.gif
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    If only I could get color this gorgeous! I agree about the elbow, but still... gorgeous!
    edited November 22, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    Beautiful girl/beautiful capture but at this point I wouldn't expect less. :D One small nit, I keep staring at the left arm being cutoff at the elbow joint but they may just be me. And I'm with Scott...where's the rest????? rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Travis.
    edited November 22, 2008
    If only I could get color this gorgeous! I agree about the elbow, but still... gorgeous!

.....oh yeah?.....rolleyes1.gif ......and if pigs had wings I could be as inventive and fresh behind the camera as you!!!

Thanks for the compliment Andi. Coming from such an inspirational eye as yours I really appreciate it.thumb.gif
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    .....oh yeah?.....rolleyes1.gif ......and if pigs had wings I could be as inventive and fresh behind the camera as you!!!

Thanks for the compliment Andi. Coming from such an inspirational eye as yours I really appreciate it.thumb.gif
    I'm cracking up... Whatever! Laughing.gif!

Thanks for the compliment, but you are so amazing with color! I have a lot to learn!