edited May 11, 2005 in Landscapes
A site i never get tired of. How can I?

goats3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Prez,

Very nice shot. The only suggestion I would make is to run a noise reduction tool on it....there is some noise in the sky, suggesting that you shot at a fairly high ISO. I use a PS plugin called Noise Ninja. It works wonders for high-ISO shots.
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    THanks for the plugin idea i got the plugin now i just need to go and figure out how it works. this is my first attempt at it.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,205 moderator
    edited May 11, 2005
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    THanks for the plugin idea i got the plugin now i just need to go and figure out how it works. this is my first attempt at it.
    Couple of comments. Fine photo there.... I would crop out the foliage on the left (too distracting, and has nothing to add to the sunset feeling). The NR setting is a bit strong. See the halos around the leaves? Shouldn't see any.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited May 11, 2005
    Cool sunset! I even recognize the spot you took the pic at :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Yeah, that's better. I agree with David...maybe reduce the strength of the noise reduction a little. You should basically play with the settings (the three main sliders) until you don't see a lot of noise in the sky, but you also don't see the "halos" around high contrast objects, like the leaves against the sky. It's somtimes a little hard to get just the right balence, but that's half the fun, right? :D