I don't like Mondays..

ThorBobThorBob Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited November 23, 2008 in Landscapes
Here is fairly typical scene on the I-75 thru Atlanta during rush hour. I gave it a bit of B&W treatment to enhance the somewhat depressed mood of the situation...

All C&C welcome!

419687476_5VCRG-L.jpg

Thor

Comments

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Superb mood! clap.gif
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    ThorBob wrote:
    Here is fairly typical scene on the I-75 thru Atlanta during rush hour. I gave it a bit of B&W treatment to enhance the somewhat depressed mood of the situation...

All C&C welcome!

Thor

Hi Thor,

I really like this picture. It is very unconventional- yet it holds one's interest. Love the fact that you chose B&W to portray that dull and mundane feel. Well done indeed. clap.gif

Cheers,
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Thor,

I love the treatment and if it wasn't already an overcast morning, it certainly feels that way now.

It's quite OOF though...? That doesn't quite do as much for me as the color enhancements.
  • ThorBobThorBob Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Thank you all for the great comments! Schmoo, I hear what you say about the lack of focus; it was sort of intentional, just to add to that bleary-eyed Monday morning feel - Laughing.gif. But I do see how it can be a bit distracting.

Thor
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    ThorBob wrote:
    Thank you all for the great comments! Schmoo, I hear what you say about the lack of focus; it was sort of intentional, just to add to that bleary-eyed Monday morning feel - Laughing.gif. But I do see how it can be a bit distracting.

Thor

That's the way I took the OOF in the shot. I like it. It definitely has that "mood."
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • VirtualFilmVirtualFilm Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 21, 2008
    Cool picture - it sets a bleak mood. I'm new here btw. There are some excellent photos in this forum. I look forward to posting!
  • ThorBobThorBob Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    Thank you both so much for the feedback! And welcome to the forum VirtualFilm!

regards
    Thor
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    Cool picture - it sets a bleak mood. I'm new here btw. There are some excellent photos in this forum. I look forward to posting!

You're not the only one! Welcome and show us what you got! :D