Comparing the Sony A900 and D3

FuronoFurono Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited November 21, 2008 in Cameras
Interesting review comparing the Sony A900 and D3 at the The Online Photographer which includes talk about the new DxOMark site.

"Still, the two cameras take a markedly different approach to image quality. The D3 is biased toward getting the picture no matter what; the A900 is more biased toward getting the best picture."

Steve
Steve Nelson
Tour Leader - DPRK
Uri Tours
SmugMug - photos.japanphotos.jp

Comments

• EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Wow that was the most biased "review" I have ever read. I love the comparison shots of the tree towards the middle. The shots weren't even taken at the same time. This guy makes ken rockwell look like a genius.
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Ekaj wrote:
    This guy makes ken rockwell look like a genius.

mhihi.gif mmmihihihi!
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • FuronoFurono Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Yeah, I agree is looks like he blew his discription on the two photos however it's a "Jow Blow" review and different. I didn't take the review like it was scientific nor was it supposed to be. Basically he went there both times with what he thought was similar light shooting auto. In the second one thats zoomed in on the same photos he only talks about the resolution. Kinda how the general public would do it and make an assessment. RIght? Wrong? who knows...

Biased? At least he carried and tried both before saying anything. More than I can say for the people making blanket assessments here on Dgrin all the time without ever even holding the camera they are talking about.

"This guy makes ken rockwell look like a genius." We make statements like this about people now here on Dgrin??? Nice.
    Steve Nelson
    Tour Leader - DPRK
    Uri Tours
    edited November 21, 2008
    Well .. just look at how he says the Sony makes colors and light look better
    while the comparative picture of the D3 is shot in completely different light ... :D
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • FuronoFurono Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Manfr3d wrote:
    Well .. just look at how he says the Sony makes colors and light look better
    while the comparative picture of the D3 is shot in completely different light ... :D

Did you see what I said??? "Yeah, I agree is looks like he blew his discription on the two photos" or are we just going to go around and around?? Why not post in his blog and ask what he meant or to clarify??? Calling him names here is not going to help anyone, is it? How is he going to find your response?

Thats why these forums are really bad for anything outside the establishment and limits you all to whats possible. I'm not saying his review is the best, but you're all not open to learning more and having an open mind. First things out of peoples mouth is, "Its soo biased" & "Hes such and such stupid as a ...." where were you guys when I posted other reviews? Where were the smart comments then? Nothing.

Whatever...

Let me go dig up a post by you Manfr3d , I'm sure I can find one you did that other will laugh at your expense and say "This guy makes ken rockwell look like a genius." .... Then I'll make smiley faces ....

Forget it, I'll just move on to another forum that doesn't blast my posts with name calling and the ever so popular " The ISO sucks" or "Its so biased" responses to anything other than Canon or Nikon.
    Steve Nelson
    Tour Leader - DPRK
    Uri Tours
    edited November 21, 2008
    Don't take life so seriously mate. There is no reason for a heated discussion about what some other guy on some other website says. It's actually pretty entertaining what the dude writes. Including the self defense statements on the bottom of his review. astrosmile.gif
    ― Edward Weston