Bee Buddy

00dahc00dahc Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited November 22, 2008 in Holy Macro
So I'm out in my driveway wrenching on my heap when the USPS pulls up. My macro lens is back! (I lent it out a few months ago)

So as if that wasn't good enough. Some hornet decides to take a nap next to me on the cardboard I was sitting on.

Bee's can't cut it in the cold so I pulled him out into the sun to warm up while I take some pictures of his warming revival.

Down but not out
original.jpg

Struggling to stand
original.jpg

He must have gotten dirty in his hibernated state, he cleaned himself for a few minutes.
original.jpg

I think his antennae are interesting with the multiple sections notched out.

Then out of no where he started hovering around while I ran away like a girl.

My Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX Macro is easily the sharpest lens I've ever used... didn't really come out in these pictures though as I have grown rusty in the Macro World lately. I'll be sure to post more.
Canon 40D | Canon 20D | 70-200 f/4L IS | 16-35 f/2.8L II | 135 f/2L | 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS | 50 f/1.8 II | Sigma 50 EX f/2.8 Macro

retardstrength.net

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    00dahc wrote:
    So I'm out in my driveway wrenching on my heap when the USPS pulls up. My macro lens is back! (I lent it out a few months ago)

So as if that wasn't good enough. Some hornet decides to take a nap next to me on the cardboard I was sitting on.

Bee's can't cut it in the cold so I pulled him out into the sun to warm up while I take some pictures of his warming revival.

Down but not out
    Struggling to stand

He must have gotten dirty in his hibernated state, he cleaned himself for a few minutes.

I think his antennae are interesting with the multiple sections notched out.

Then out of no where he started hovering around while I ran away like a girl.

My Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX Macro is easily the sharpest lens I've ever used... didn't really come out in these pictures though as I have grown rusty in the Macro World lately. I'll be sure to post more.

Ohhh you are a kind soul, I think it feels wonderful to help creatures,
    no matter how small they are, I do it all the time.

In the first shot it looks dead, glad it managed to recover and fly off.
    Funny how you feel so brave when they need rescuing,
    yet they scare the daylights out of you when they're up and about. rolleyes1.gif

... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    wings.gif Stunning captures in deed