A Warm Place

jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited November 21, 2008 in Landscapes
I was thinking about entering this shot in the current Mega DSS challenge. The theme is "My Favorite Place." But I'm not sure that this is the best I can do. I really like this shot. But it may be missing "something." What do you guys/gals think?

421085415_WdbCf-L.jpg

The title could be "A Warm Farm in the Storm," but you'd have to pronounce the last word like a good South St. Louisan - Starm. :rolleyes
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    That is wonderful ! seems like a scene from movie mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    I'm not on a good monitor right now Jeff, so I may retract this comment, but I do not think this is up to par for you. The dynamic range seems flat to me and the house is hot, but I'll look again later on my good monitor. All that said, it is a nice photo.

Dan
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    I'm not on a good monitor right now Jeff, so I may retract this comment, but I do not think this is up to par for you. The dynamic range seems flat to me and the house is hot, but I'll look again later on my good monitor. All that said, it is a nice photo.

Dan

Thanks, Dan. I appreciate the objective critique! The farm house may indeed be too hot. Good eye.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • stevesierenstevesieren Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Beautiful. Haven't seen your other work so wouldn't. Since you mentioned it you probably know the answer Jeffrey. Looks almost like a painting.
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    I think this is awesome! thumb.gif The one thing I'm unsure about is the darkness of the foreground but I'm floundering on that so I'm being of no help at all. rolleyes1.gif I do like seeing that you're posting more of your non-IR stuff because you have an incredible range of talent.
  • tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    the clouds seem a bit too smooth for me... but I really like the shot... sorry I'm not more help...
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water."