NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited February 21, 2009 in Finishing School
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    WOW! I am excited. ne_nau.gif

"Configurator is a simple drag-and-drop tool for creating panels that extend Photoshop CS4."

Now if you could just explain in 25 words or less what the heck this is, and why I would want it I would be very grateful. :D

Sam
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2008
    Sam wrote:

"Configurator is a simple drag-and-drop tool for creating panels that extend Photoshop CS4."

Now if you could just explain in 25 words or less what the heck this is, and why I would want it I would be very grateful. :D

Sam
    Sam, if you didn't work with CS4 it would be pretty hard to do. Think of it as "visual actions" maybe.
    Very (and I mean, *VERY*) rough analogy would be what iPhone did with "visual voice mail", adding a simple UI to what has been before considered a purely audio data.
    Clear as mud?
  • Options
    AnthonyAnthony Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Sam wrote:

Sam
    I'll have a go...

Simple to use program which allows the custom building of Photoshop panels. Items can include commands, actions, menu items, etc. together with text, pictures and videos. (er, that's 26 words, am I forgiven?)

Have a look on John Nack's blog site

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/

Anthony.

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Sam wrote:
    Now if you could just explain in 25 words or less what the heck this is, and why I would want it I would be very grateful. :DSam
    Watch the video. :D
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Watch the video. :D
    Being busy with learning PS CS4...I had forgotten about this.

One thing that kind of irks me when editing is having to right click to pick associated tools and having all those tools that I'm never going to use in the way.

Configurator to the rescue! I made my own tools panel with it. Could not be easier to do...everything is simple and logical.clap.gif

Just close the tools panel and start your own panel under: Windows>Extensions>"whatever you name your panel".
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2009
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Being busy with learning PS CS4...I had forgotten about this.

One thing that kind of irks me when editing is having to right click to pick associated tools and having all those tools that I'm never going to use in the way.

Configurator to the rescue! I made my own tools panel with it. Could not be easier to do...everything is simple and logical.clap.gif

Just close the tools panel and start your own panel under: Windows>Extensions>"whatever you name your panel".

It's a great idea! thumb.gifbowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    It's a great idea! thumb.gifbowdown.gif
    I can't believe I didn't it earlier...:bash but I finally did it. :ivar

Now:
    1) centuries old tools bar is gone, thus freeing a whole half-inch of the screen real estate on the left
    2) my new custom panel sits on the top of my small panels column thus taking no extra space
    3) one click - and all my tools are there in front of me, I don't even need to unhide them one from under another...
    wings.gif