Options

Need Marketing Help

Someday_DreamerSomeday_Dreamer Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited November 22, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am looking for some direction/advise/critique on how I can get our site noticed?

We rarely get hits and I am not sure what I am missing--

We have been adding image keywords but would also like our site to attract individuals looking for other items---ie--gifts/art/prints--cards--etc....

We are not for hire just have some good photos we would like to offer beyond what we have sold to some local individuals. So word of mouth advertising that wedding/sports photogs enjoy doesn't work for us?

btw--I know that some of our individual pages are not complete--It seems to take me forever to work on everything that they have had to wait---

HELP?

Comments

• Options
    TrulyAlaskanTrulyAlaskan Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    I am looking for some direction/advise/critique on how I can get our site noticed?

We rarely get hits and I am not sure what I am missing--

We have been adding image keywords but would also like our site to attract individuals looking for other items---ie--gifts/art/prints--cards--etc....

We are not for hire just have some good photos we would like to offer beyond what we have sold to some local individuals. So word of mouth advertising that wedding/sports photogs enjoy doesn't work for us?

btw--I know that some of our individual pages are not complete--It seems to take me forever to work on everything that they have had to wait---

HELP?

It's all in the SEO. There are a couple of good SEO FAQ's on the site. I would say just looking at your site for a few minutes I noticed that not all of your photos have keywords attached or even a caption. These are two things right off the bat that will help.

Andy has a pretty good post going about this:
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=45537&highlight=search+engine

Hope that helps a bit

-B
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    Good stuff. Also check our wiki page on maximizing your findability which has some additional points that aren't mentioned in Andy's post.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero