i would love some feedback

FoursixFoursix Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
edited November 20, 2008 in People
hello all,

i recently had my first two paid photo shoots and would really love some feedback on the pics. brutal honesty appreciated. i am a bit green on how to post resized photos directly in this thread, so i have included a link to my smugmug page with two galleries. sorry if this is an inconvenience. i appreciate you taking the time to view and give opinions on my photos, as this feedback will help me improve my skills.

thanks in advance!

michael moronko

http://foursixphotography.smugmug.com/
foursixphotography.smugmug.com

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Here's a link on how to post photos here.

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1083138

I'd love to see a few and offer some comments, but I have no desire to wade through galleries of photos.
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Looking at the kids on the beach shoot.
    You can tell you had a great shoot, because the kids seem really engaged with you. They don't look shy or held back, and I think that you have some cute ideas for pictures!

As far as critiques, I think you did really well, there are a few really nit picky things that I can see, but over all I think you did a really great job.

One thing that I really believe, and maybe it's just me, but, when I come across a photo that I think would be better black and white or sepia, I feel it's important to choose either one or the other and present only the best one to your client.
    I used to edit photos the same, and show both colored and black and white and have actually run across a wedding photographer that guarantees an insane amount of photos with her package only to find out that all photos are edited to be b&w, sepia and color.

Personally, since I started taking control of those decisions myself, I've felt more confident, and in turn, I feel that my clients don't find my edits as wishy-washy, that i'm not just presenting them with a jpeg edited many different ways, they are getting something that is part of my vision. That being said, if I have a request after the fact that they wish to see something in a different version, I'm all to happy to oblige!!!

Sorry that got a little off topic, but it really occured to me when I came across the shot of the little fellow crouched down drawing in the sand, it's a great color shot, but I feel that it lost a lot being black and white, on this screen that I'm using it seems like the details in his clothes are all lost.

Anyway, just a thought, take it for what it's worth.
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Here is the simple answer. I like em. Do the clients like them? That is what matters.

clap.gif
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook