"Hidden" from view

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited May 12, 2005 in People
21793362-L.jpg

by g
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

by g
    nice soft light Ginge.. what were they looking at????? they are being so good!!
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Gee, one of those kids looks familiar... :D Just kidding.
    Great shot. thumb.gif Just for me, I would have liked to have seen the feet in the pic. I am kind of weird that way...

I like feet.
    feet.jpg

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Well done...
    Hi Ginger,

Love the story this picture tells, and the colors look great on my screen. This picture makes me think of when I was a little kid and I used to tag along with my big sisters iloveyou.gif . Is this the original shot or a cropped version?

Cheers,
    Kevin K.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    I was trying to get the feet in, I think there was a slight crop as I tilted the bench. However, I think I can get the feet in as I was looking at it, half asleep, and I noticed that it looked fine with more of the heads cut off, smile.

It was a choice, I took the middle. Now I can go back and get the feet, I think, I keep the originals.

g (the church woman said next time to tell the B (no the church woman doesn't talk that way), but she said to refer anyone to her or, as she put it, Monsigneur. That I was taking the pictures, whatever pictures, for them.):D
    edited May 11, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    nice soft light Ginge.. what were they looking at????? they are being so good!!
    That lasted about a minute. She couldn't have done me a bigger favor. (you don't know the story. You could read all of rant down on business or somewhere, but she was making sure I couldn't take a photo of "her" kids.)

So, I got this, and then some more. This is best.

Thanks, Lynn.
    g
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    the lighting on this makes it extra special. I also like that they're facing away.....carefree.thumb.gif
    edited May 11, 2005
    Heck, they look like my dogs when it is time for Bill to come home. They look at the door like they are willing it to move.

I think that is how the kids look. Their heads all have a slight turn to the left, and I know that is the direction of the door.

g
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    I definately like the soft light, Ginger. What do you think about taking down the saturation a little bit....give it that soft, undersaturated look...ne_nau.gif
    edited May 12, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    I definately like the soft light, Ginger. What do you think about taking down the saturation a little bit....give it that soft, undersaturated look...ne_nau.gif
    A good idea. I can't do much with this photo. The faces are not there, but the mother, or gr mother was quite adament about her kids photo not being taken.

I have another rendition on a thread no one is looking at, I did it after this one, in order to show the feet.

I would like to put the desat one on that thread, but no one is looking at it.

It is called Sunday School

A few more photos, including the parent of these kids...........and a moral dilemma, are on that thread.

ginger (This is Sunday morning while waiting to take May DAy photos for the church and 2 baptisms. We were all late and waiting outside...........there is a story to this.)
    edited May 12, 2005
    That old fashioned color?
    21906790-L.jpg

that old fashioned look, or

21906792-L.jpg
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    Like this photo - very touching!
    Spasibo for sharing
    edited May 12, 2005
    I am going to have to look up the rules on "releases" again, since the parent figure absolutely, no way, wanted pictures taken of her children.

The clothes give them away, but take those off, change them, I am not sure......................nothing like playing with fire.thumb.gif

ginger
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    Yeah, the desat definately adds something I think. Maybe a little more sepia tone would be cool.